PDA

View Full Version : What is this?

spearit
08-14-2015, 11:04 PM
I purchased a 1985 200s that was partially disassembled. I have been able to locate all the hardware in ziplock bags that the previous owner had included. I also have a fully assembled running 85 200s that is all original that I have been using as a guide. My question is: I found a part and can't figure out where it goes. I have attached a pic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

spearit
08-15-2015, 12:09 PM
Do none of the ATC aficionados out there know what this thing is?

HairyJR
08-15-2015, 12:47 PM
"Clarke Mfg" would supply one of those bent wires with their aftermarket plastic gas tanks, used to straddle under the frame back bone as addition support keeping the two sides from flapping like elephant eyes. Could be something else.......:naughty:

"HJ" 219974 :beer

Joseph Farrow
08-15-2015, 07:04 PM
"Clarke Mfg" would supply one of those bent wires with their aftermarket plastic gas tanks, used to straddle under the frame back bone as addition support keeping the two sides from flapping like elephant eyes. Could be something else.......:naughty:

"HJ" 219974 :beer

Jeff you may be right. That is what it looks like.
My first guess was someting off the rear fenders.....

spearit
08-15-2015, 10:04 PM
I think you nailed it Hairy. The trike came with a aftermarket plastic tank because the previous owner damaged the original badly.