PDA

View Full Version : Helmet?

BDM93
08-17-2015, 07:51 PM
I am new to 3 wheeling and am looking to get a good helmet at an even better price. I am wondering what kinds other people have and how they like them!! Any and all feedback would be awesome!

jb2wheels
08-17-2015, 08:07 PM
I like the AFX FX17 helmet. Fits my head great. The fact they're cheap is a bonus.

I've had some really nice Arai, Shoei, and HJC helmets. The HJCs also fit me really well.

I suggest if trying on a bunch and figuring out which fits best in your price range. The fit is most important.

YTZ drew
08-17-2015, 10:22 PM
Definitely try to find a few different brands to try on, at least 3. You may have to go to multiple shops like I did. One near me carries Shoei and HJC. I have HJC road helmets for my street bike, but their dirt helmets didn't fit me right. Another shop carried Arai and KBC, and I went with a KBC for off road use. It fit the best (I have a small squash LOL), its lightweight, and was inexpensive. I even use it on the street sometimes if its hot out and I don't want the full face.

pimfram
08-19-2015, 07:55 PM
I got a matte black CL-X6 for a bit under $100 the other year and it's not bad. It's both DOT and Snell approved and seems to get the job done. Not the lightest helmet in the world but for 100 bucks I think I got a solid deal on it.

briano
08-20-2015, 12:36 PM
Freebie little turtle shell like the bikers wear. It's hard to smoke with a full face helmet on. Lol