PDA

View Full Version : 86 Tecate for sale in SD at dealer Yanktown for $2700...good shape

nd4speed
08-19-2015, 01:26 PM
Maybe they will cut a better deal or maybe it's right for someone ?

http://www.yanktonmotorsports.com/1986-Tecate-KXT-250-B-inventory.htm?id=709884&used=1&fm=2&vin=

http://cdnmedia.endeavorsuite.com/images/organizations/6445b8b9-6ddb-49ca-aa06-20a975c041f8/inventory/709884/Tecate%20Side%20View.JPG

90guy
08-19-2015, 02:35 PM
Man I would love to own that machine!

phantomtracer
08-21-2015, 12:22 AM
That's got low miles on those tires!

onformula1
08-21-2015, 12:26 AM
What's up with this?

"This is manufactured from Kawasaki in Canada!"

Also it's Yankton not Yanktown...LOL!

IronBear
08-25-2015, 10:56 AM
Not to throw the this tread off, but do guys know if you could still buy the stock tires? I'd love to replace all three of mine with originals. The previous owner installed mud tires all the way around, but they're in new condition. I'd just rather have the stock tires if I can find them.

gvmc45
08-25-2015, 12:39 PM
Not to throw the this tread off, but do guys know if you could still buy the stock tires? I'd love to replace all three of mine with originals. The previous owner installed mud tires all the way around, but they're in new condition. I'd just rather have the stock tires if I can find them.
The last nos OEM front tire I saw went for $400+ and that was a few years ago..if you do find 'em be prepared to shell out the bucks. I looked for a couple years and gave up..good luck.

deathman53
08-25-2015, 02:46 PM
I have a 86 tecate front rim with what I believe to be the original front tire. What is the brand/markings on it?

fieldy
08-25-2015, 04:41 PM
Just buy the trike above Ironbear and switch tires back and fourth, lol. You would come out ahead. Nice Tecate deal, worth it!

nd4speed
08-25-2015, 05:12 PM
I have stock tires in various conditions, 2 decent tread depth rears, but most of the fronts are dry rotted in some way, usually on the sidewalls. They hold air but after 30 years they have cracks in their face.

double click on the pictures to blow them up, think the front said KT781 they are Dunlop

I have like 3 sets of tires/rims and most all of them are available for sale, but shipping prices are often most unfortunate.
I think last I checked it was around $25 to ship one front tire/rim.

Most of the rims are not perfect, so when you get it and dont like the rim and want to put it on your rims, they get all cracked up trying to stretch them on and off, and in the end what are you left with?

One of the fronts looks dead, the one off the rim looks the best. I may swap the good/dead one onto that nice rim.
I need a front for mine so I have to hold off on the fronts until I figure out which one I am going to use.

The other set of rears in my rafters are worn and had like a slice/gouge on one in the tread area, they arent so nice.

IronBear
08-26-2015, 11:49 AM
The last nos OEM front tire I saw went for $400+ and that was a few years ago..if you do find 'em be prepared to shell out the bucks. I looked for a couple years and gave up..good luck.

Understood, that's pretty pricey. When it comes time, I'll look for similar tires as the originals. :)

IronBear
08-26-2015, 11:53 AM
I have stock tires in various conditions, 2 decent tread depth rears, but most of the fronts are dry rotted in some way, usually on the sidewalls. They hold air but after 30 years they have cracks in their face.

double click on the pictures to blow them up, think the front said KT781 they are Dunlop

I have like 3 sets of tires/rims and most all of them are available for sale, but shipping prices are often most unfortunate.
I think last I checked it was around $25 to ship one front tire/rim.

Most of the rims are not perfect, so when you get it and dont like the rim and want to put it on your rims, they get all cracked up trying to stretch them on and off, and in the end what are you left with?

One of the fronts looks dead, the one off the rim looks the best. I may swap the good/dead one onto that nice rim.
I need a front for mine so I have to hold off on the fronts until I figure out which one I am going to use.

The other set of rears in my rafters are worn and had like a slice/gouge on one in the tread area, they arent so nice.

Thanks nd4speed. I have a couple of spares that're in poor condition, but yours appear to be in pretty decent condition. And yes to the shipping prices, they could be real crazy for sure.

nd4speed
08-26-2015, 06:26 PM
Would like to sell some rear tires if anyone is interested.

Queef Chief
08-31-2015, 12:08 PM
I was going to pull the trigger on this bike, but apparently it has already found a new home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Queef Chief
08-31-2015, 12:30 PM
I was going to pull the trigger on this bike, but apparently it has already found a new home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fabiodriven
08-31-2015, 09:03 PM
I'm agreeing with anything the Queef Chief has to say.