PDA

View Full Version : California's "Black Balls"

Mr. Clean
08-19-2015, 09:09 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/08/19/la-black-ball-scheme-disaster-in-making-say-experts/?intcmp=hpbt3

Odd thread title for sure and no I am not talking about glamy. California spent $34M.5 dollars to cover a reservoir with black plastic balls to help prevent evaporation. :crazy:

I would have thought white or chrome would have been better for prevention of evaporation :wondering but hey surely the politicians are smarter than us plebs. :naughty: They figure they save $250M spending $34.5M, that is called risk mitigation in my line of work, good job California!!

Good to see California spending glamys hard earned taxes on such a worthy cause :lol: :beer

tripledog
08-19-2015, 09:17 PM
I saw that on TV. I also would have thought a lighter color would be better for reflecting light, but it still takes balls to do something like that.

plastikosmd
08-20-2015, 05:40 PM
I just have the feeling that there will be some unintended consequence that was not considered.

86T3
08-20-2015, 08:57 PM
This has been in the back of my mind since I read about it a week ago. I like to read comments on articles (mostly because they are hilarious) and like Mr clean asked, why not something that won't absorb heat. I'm going to hope they did small scale tests to find what color works the best, but I'm skeptical. Some comments brought up the risk or bacterial and fungal growth from all the small shaded areas. One thing is for sure, they need to do something instead of just hoping (is it legal to pray in california?) for rain. I think desalination plants would be a better option. At least these will be able to be cleaned up if they don't work

RapidRick
08-20-2015, 09:55 PM
The Oceanside Desal plant should be close to coming on line. Problem is it takes a crisis to get one built but then site acquisition, environmental challenges, planning, construction, etc. take probably a decade or more. Correct me if I'm wrong, Harry Jr. might comment, he's around there.

HairyJR
08-21-2015, 02:17 PM
California needs another year or two of drought before another desalination plant would even be considered as most communities here have the attitude “not in my backyard”. SDG&E built their Encinitas desal plant on property they already owned and had excess to ocean sea water through existing intake piping tunnel from a retired prior electrical generation steam plant. The states Coastal Commission will probably never approve construction, EPA and other necessary permits. Yes I feel the sting, USE LESS – PAY MORE.

"HJ" 220287 :beer

coolpool
08-22-2015, 09:51 AM
I agree a lighter color would work better. Joe nailed when he mentioned bacteria and fungus; how can it not grow in a warm water scenario. And with desal, what can be done with all the by product of salt? Is there a market for it? Seems like the only way to go.

Jwheeler
08-22-2015, 10:41 AM
I can't see Black working !!!!!!!!! :wondering

knappyfeet
08-22-2015, 01:11 PM
You would have to be able to walk across all of our major holding reservoirs with water only going up to your knees here before any major movement on multiple desalination facilities would be considered. It's a bad region to have 30 million people (and who knows how many illegal)....and no water and extreme environmentalists running water issues.

El Camexican
09-04-2015, 08:55 AM
And with desal, what can be done with all the by product of salt?

The TV and Internet keep saying that desalination due to melting ice caps is and issue, so I would think it could be dumped right back into the drink. California is a nice place to visit, but I couldn't be paid to live there. It seems to be the epicenter of stupid more often than not. Maybe they should give it back to the Mexicans?

BOB MARLIN
09-04-2015, 09:05 AM
The black balls in that reservoir is not a new thing. They have been doing it for a few years now. The difference is that this year they tried to make a political statement out of it. The democratic officials that are destroying this state used it a photo op and publicity stunt to claim they are doing something about the drought and it back fired.

knappyfeet
09-04-2015, 12:03 PM
I want to sue all my butt-lick neighbors for my depression of looking at they`re dead landscaping

So many people are installing drought tolerant landscapes and it makes me throw up in my mouth everytime I see one.

barnett468
09-04-2015, 07:24 PM

"Krekula added. "Keeping the balls clean when covered in bacteria and mold slime will be a monumental task."

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

WANTED: Someone to clean the bacteria and moldy slime off our hot black wet balls. Opportunity for advancement. Benefits included.

For a good time please call 1-977-WASH MY BALLS

Hey...I think I'll place an add too!.

http://www.picgifs.com/graphics/l/laughing/graphics-laughing-867787.gif

barnett468
09-04-2015, 07:33 PM
POST CORRECTION BECAUSE I HAVE NO EDIT BUTTON http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing013.gif

"For a good time please call 1-977-WASH MY BALLS"

It should read:

"For a good time please call 1-977-WASH OUR BALLS"

My apologies for the error.

Dirtcrasher
09-04-2015, 08:03 PM
From my past years of hooch growing, I always used white plastic on top with black on the bottom. White reflects, black absorbs, some genius made that call!!

I had read it in Ed Rosenthals (SP?) book and applied it.

ironchop
09-04-2015, 11:59 PM
Color me Ironic.....Man's solution to lack of adequate golf-course liquid is to put more plastic things....in the water.....plastic things that leech bpa's and other petroleum products used in their manufacture into the water....like electric cars with 900 lbs of lithium batteries that are recharged by coal-fired power plants. Why are these people sofa king stupid and who put them in charge of "helping" Nature by destroying it.

I'm already reeling from being told that CO2 is bad now DESPITE the fact that plant life requires it, water, and photons to produce the glucose they survive on and all the OXYGEN WE SURVIVE ON.....no now liberalism says F@#K Photosynthesis because I guess Science is racist.

Must've been pure dumb luck that my own research into growing adding CO2 into my gardening concluded what I learned in MIDDLE SCHOOL to have been truth all along

"Carbon Dioxide will kill us all" despite how much better earth's plant life is growing and thus producing more oxygen...you know, to balance the ratio in the air in our atmosphere.

Nature is much smarter than you, puny Human. Thinking you understand its complexities enough to meddle in its function makes you arrogant and foolish and your reactionary , emotionally driven, and hasty solutions will fail and merely accelerate our demise

Sent from my Z998 using Tapatalk

Scootertrash
09-05-2015, 07:44 AM
ironchop-

Got a newsletter I could subscribe to?

BOB MARLIN
09-05-2015, 08:17 AM
So many people are installing drought tolerant landscapes and it makes me throw up in my mouth everytime I see one.

I agree. Folks in California don't have a clue how to do a desert landscape. It looks like crap.

Every time I drive to Phoenix I am in awe of how GOOD their desert landscape looks. Those folks know how to do it right.

Mr. Clean
09-08-2015, 03:26 PM
Whats the mark-up on solar equipment from wholesale 10,000 % ? .......this is where GREED gets in the way of progress !......every house on the grid should have solar installed .....FREE OF CHARGE !!!

^^^ This 100%. If it was really about the environment and not greed then every single roof would be covered in solar panels for free. Of course that means the energy companies make less money....OH NO!!!!!

By the way glamy, I was in Droughtafornia this weekend. I flushed twice, I might have gotten away with a single flush......washed my hands excessively, hey I did flush twice. I poured some water to cool some welds as well, and I even took a bottle of water from your state back to Arizona. I am drinking it now and its yummy!!!

El Camexican
09-08-2015, 06:25 PM
As long as you urinated an amount equal to or greater than what you drank and took you should be fine. If not, beware...221411

El Camexican
09-09-2015, 12:01 AM
Glamy, why not make the best of those water leaks by getting out there and enjoying them like your famous Internet buddy and his family?

manbearpig
09-09-2015, 09:29 AM
There is one more thing.......the city of San Diego has a water main breaks about once a week in the older part of the city !!.......billions of gallons lost every week anything that was saved by rate payers is lost due to NEGLECT OF INFRASTRUCTURE !......and they want me to save 30% and pay more because they can`t manage the city or state ???

Failing infrastructure is the biggest water waster of all. remember when the water main break destroyed those UCLA buildings? ya.. that was facked. think of the amount of $$ and time it took to reverse that damage vs updating the infrastructure. we're getting 3k miles of new roads in SD? neat. thats like putting fake tits on a 96 yr old woman. what we need is to go deeper and update our old cast iron piping. that will cost a sh!t load, but will save in the future with fewer failures.

Also, do a little research about how much water is being diverted from the colorado river (Ca's main water source) to the Salton sh!thole to balance its salinity and keep the water lever somewhat constant. man made disaster that has been ignored for a century.

the water main break on Nimitz comin outta OB yesterday was a real PITA

ironchop
09-09-2015, 10:18 AM
...... we're getting 3k miles of new roads in SD? neat. thats like putting fake tits on a 96 yr old woman.....

yes, but isn't grandma much sexier now? She`s got a good year and a half of Volga-boatman and Reverse Cowgirl in her so blow them flat kneesocks up like Pam Anderson. Temporary is the new Cool.

Really?!?! The Salton Sea?!?!

Hell even us Kentuckians know about the "old resort town" and its demise into irrelevancy and ruin. I CANNOT BELIEVE they are diverting water to that place. Funny the things you NEVER hear about on the news out this way. We are all under the impression out this way that you Left Coasters are suffering from lack of rain "because Climate Change" and because Tom Selleck`s Ranch and "because wildfires caused by climate change". They act like it rains Fire in Cali "because climate change"...No mention of losing water due to infrastructure issues or the usual back scratching afforded the more connected of our species.

knappyfeet
09-09-2015, 12:30 PM
Well the city of San Diego has numerous sewer and water pipe retrofitting going on. And although seepage is a problem it is absolutely nothing compared to the Sacramento water decision to reduce the delta water mapping to save endangered species.......the Smelt. Aside from a drought.....which is real........the decision to re route water in an attempt to maintain Delta smelt mating is suicidal. Some farms are dry and un used. How much longer are we going to allow "wild kooks" to run environmental issues in the most populated state in the Ustados Unidos? Slow incramentalism is the greatest threat to our way of life.

Just so you know why we have brown lawns, standing urine in toilets like the third world and sky rocketing water costs and restrictions..........

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/knappyfeet/Screenshot_2015-09-09-09-12-43_zpsfgx9q7rq.png (http://s166.photobucket.com/user/knappyfeet/media/Screenshot_2015-09-09-09-12-43_zpsfgx9q7rq.png.html)

fabiodriven
09-09-2015, 09:46 PM
Some of you might benefit from seeing the effect killing species and messing with nature has on the entire rest of the planet as a whole, human beings included. Mother nature has been trifled with by man, essentially a disease to this planet, possibly beyond the point of repair. What may seem like a silly decision can sometimes have a cascade effect behind it that is not explained unless you ask. A lot of people find it incredibly stupid to knock down dams just for some stupid fish (salmon) but not many understand the drastic effect such a silly fish has on our entire country.

Man built where the environment is hostile, where mother nature suggested not doing so. They diverted rivers and built dams and reservoirs which we're now seeing the long term effects of. It's obviously very unfortunate for the people that live there, but the truth is man created this problem and mother nature is not going to be bargained with.

Scootertrash
09-12-2015, 08:25 AM
The San Joaquin hatchery?

http://ca.gov/drought/news/story-117.html

They're trout, not salmon. How would knocking down the dam increase the cold water flow to the fish? The cold water flow comes from upstream of the dam.

The problem is a drought, which, if I remember correctly, is caused by a lack of precipitation. Or in common mans terms "rain". Diverting rivers and creating reservoirs doesn't reduce the available moisture for rain.

Gonna try to convince me that man caused the drought by altering the atmosphere? Then first you'll need to explain why droughts were happening before the advent of the industrial revolution, the automobile, and coal-fired power plants. Take your time, I'll check back later. (That goes for hurricanes and thunderstorms too) ;)

If you live in a state that is historically known for droughts, well, I guess you should expect droughts. Same with hurricanes. Stevie Wonder could see that coming.

People live in a place that needs to build plants to remove salt from sea water because there isn't enough fresh water to support the population, and then trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro because there's not enough water? There's not enough water to support people, but you piss and moan because you can't have your lush, plush green golf course type lawn? :wondering :rolleyes: Then the solution is to create desert landscaping? You mean what was originally there in the first place?

We still need to respect the environment, but it's a game of give and take.

The Earth has been hit by a couple of meteors, and there is evidence that the North and South pole changed polarity, and the Earth survived just fine. Man is nothing more than a pimple on the ass of the Earth. The Earth will still be here long after our generation, as well as many more generations, are gone. Enjoy your stay.

ironchop
09-12-2015, 09:57 AM
Yes, humans are changing the climate ....on purpose....as part of an experiment.....HAARP...."cloud seeding"......these are the publicly admitted experiments are currently and have been conducting for over four decades now. There are seven such machines globally counting the two USA has, one in AK and one off Baja Cali iirc. Japan has one, China, Russia, etc, etc. They are attempting to manipulate the weather and in most cases, succeeding and yet, conveniently, none of those "scientists" are pointing this out publicly in the face of climate "scientists".....

You are being lied to.

tripledog
09-12-2015, 11:36 AM
^^^ Now dems some reebs!

Scootertrash
09-12-2015, 12:16 PM
It's EAT your meat?

I guess I've been mistaken for all these years.......:wondering :naughty:

Scootertrash
09-12-2015, 12:56 PM
Welp, there goes some more of glamy's hard earned money.......... ;)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/09/12/kostigen-climate-change-reparations/72014440/

fabiodriven
09-12-2015, 04:47 PM
That's quite the flip-flop Scooter. You should consider a career in politics. I'll slap your silly post with an iceberg of facts when I have time bud.

Scootertrash
09-12-2015, 10:00 PM
Flip-Flop? In my post or because I removed my "like"? I had removed my "thanks", but I can thank you for your post even if I don't agree with all of it, and since I can't "like" just part of your post, well....

I agreed with most of the last portion of your post:

[QUOTE=fabiodriven;1382897]
"Man built where the environment is hostile, where mother nature suggested not doing so." "the truth is man created this problem and mother nature is not going to be bargained with." [QUOTE]

Mother Nature wins. Always. Even Parkay knew you can't fool Mother Nature.

There's nothing silly about my post, since when is common sense silly?

The atmosphere and climate have never been "stable" and never will be. All it takes is a look at the record highs and record lows in the weather forecasts, as well as any other "record" weather event.

An "iceberg" of facts like this one with stranded polar bears on it?

Eye opening article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-433170/Global-warming-sees-polar-bears-stranded-melting-ice.html

No disrespect intended, but save us both the time of going thru another "debate" and save your facts.

I've done TONS of reading on both sides of the global warming, errr climate change, or whatever they're calling it now, and MY verdict is in: There's a bunch of money being made by those who promote globa, I mean climate change. If you can purchase "carbon offsets" and keep polluting, it must not be too serious, or is that just another "Inconvenient Truth".

We need to be good stewards of our planet. But if the population keeps growing, something eventually has to give. It'll continue to be a few trees here and a critter there, but eventually Mother Nature will win.

fabiodriven
09-12-2015, 10:40 PM
Scooter, lower your arms please. I've enjoyed debating with you in the past, no need to argue. Learning is fun, and I'll spare you nothing. You should be grateful.

Yes, apparently they're dealing with trout in California, but the issue of which I was referencing has to do with our entire country. The artificial damming of just about every flowing stretch of water in this country has thrown Salmon, as I said, amongst a variety of other kinds of fish, completely out of whack. When you have such a drastic effect on one species, there will be many behind that are affected as well. You can read up on that if you choose or you can watch this documentary- http://damnationfilm.com/

Stanford scientists did a study on whether or not this most recent drought in California is indeed being effected by the action of man, and they have concluded that man has most likely caused this problem. They are not able to prove this for certain at this time, but they feel as though this is indeed caused by man. If you disagree with man being a disease, that's your will. I look around at all of us, myself included, all constantly burning fuel which kills the planet not only by burning it but even just by taking it out of the ground. If you're not familiar with the effects fracking has then I'd suggest you read up. The amount of trash we produce, so many things we all do and enjoy every day have an adverse effect on this planet, and you scoff at the idea that the planet may be having technical difficulties after a century plus of abuse? I'm guessing you're aware of the effect all the nuclear weapons that have ever been discharged, which is a huge amount, have had on this planet. If this is something any of you have never taken into account it is a very startling and disturbing subject to learn about. Think of this planet as a being and we are mites on its hide. We suck it's blood and expel poison gas all day every day. Then the nukes on top of all that. We are killing our host, our ride. It's like lighting a rag on fire in your gas filler neck and then getting in the car and driving away. The planet can not take it and incidents such as these are going to become more common.

Obviously you're aware of the ice caps melting, yet you say the earth will be here forever. I don't understand if you're aware of what's going on with the ice caps how you can think this planet is going to be here for much longer. I appreciate your optimism but based on the hurt we're putting on this planet I don't see it lasting all that much longer.

fabiodriven
09-13-2015, 12:13 AM
Doug has a point about HAARP. I was up on that a few years ago. I remember Jesse Ventura talking a lot about HAARP on the Howard Stern show and also on his own show that he had briefly. I just had to catch myself up on that subject because it's been a while and these days it seems pretty conclusive that man is definitely controlling the weather with this machine. It doesn't even seem like a conspiracy anymore, it's pretty much out in the open that they're operating these things. Certainly something to take into consideration.

Scootertrash
09-13-2015, 08:34 AM
Scooter, lower your arms please. Learning is fun, and I'll spare you nothing. You should be grateful.

This is exactly why I have no desire to "debate" you. Right out of the gate you are attempting to discredit me as overly defensive and uneducated compared to you.

Stanford scientists did a study on whether or not this most recent drought in California is indeed being effected by the action of man, and they have concluded that man has most likely caused this problem.

Stanford? I'm quite sure they don't have an agenda :rolleyes: Like government funded studies and government provided "disaster" aid.

Obviously you're aware of the ice caps melting, yet you say the earth will be here forever. I don't understand if you're aware of what's going on with the ice caps how you can think this planet is going to be here for much longer. I appreciate your optimism but based on the hurt we're putting on this planet I don't see it lasting all that much longer.

Ice caps?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2415191/And-global-COOLING-Return-Arctic-ice-cap-grows-29-year.html

http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environment/item/19121-with-ice-growing-at-both-poles-global-warming-theories-implode

HAARP?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Frequency_Active_Auroral_Research_Program

Stanford University professor Umran Inan told Popular Science that weather-control conspiracy theories were "completely uninformed," explaining that "there’s absolutely nothing we can do to disturb the Earth’s [weather] systems.

Scootertrash
09-13-2015, 08:36 AM
Yes, humans are changing the climate ....on purpose....as part of an experiment.....HAARP...."cloud seeding"......these are the publicly admitted experiments are currently and have been conducting for over four decades now. There are seven such machines globally counting the two USA has, one in AK and one off Baja Cali iirc. Japan has one, China, Russia, etc, etc. They are attempting to manipulate the weather and in most cases, succeeding and yet, conveniently, none of those "scientists" are pointing this out publicly in the face of climate "scientists".....

You are being lied to.

Clarify for me would you please? Are you saying that they are controlling the weather to PROMOTE the climate change agenda?

ironchop
09-13-2015, 09:18 PM
Clarify for me would you please? Are you saying that they are controlling the weather to PROMOTE the climate change agenda?
No, I don't have nor have I seen any evidence for a correlation. That doesn't mean it that I dismiss that possibility, but rather I don't know enough to even form an opinion. I do know that weather modification was originally funded as a type of weapon system development. I have heard of experiments carried out as far back as Vietnam where they attempted to modify weather to make it difficult for the enemy to mount attacks due to weather constraints, could initiate famines through drought and flood, and create fog banks for cover among other ideas. As par for the course, we weaponize every new technology before someone can hijack it for peaceful purposes.

No matter the motive, HAARP is modifying the weather and one cannot say they are making accurate climate models when a lot of the data was a result of technological intervention by humans.

Warming temps SHOULD BE EXPECTED anyway. We have more humans on Earth now as opposed to 500 yrs ago. Human bodies create heat. Guess what else creates heat? Artificial lighting which is everywhere. Machinery which has permeated every single corner of the globe in one way or another. More technology = more machinery and computers and lights = more sources of heat.....there I go simplifying things that should be unnecessarily complicated....I'm no expert on thermodynamics at all so I'm probably grasping for a point.

fabiodriven
09-13-2015, 09:30 PM
Scooter, one of your links regarding the ice caps is to a satirical publication. "The Daily Mail" is considered a tabloid that puts out ridiculous articles like the kind of publications you see at the checkout line at the grocery store. I'll stick with Stanford.

Yes, Wikipedia isn't going to be the outlet to reference in regards to something our government may be trying to cover up. Such a mainstream form of generic definitions is going to give the most common and watered down answers because it is designed for those who know nothing of the subject searched. That way when someone Googles "HAARP", they will have their curiosity satisfied and will not be lead on to dig any deeper. I briefly spent some time yesterday catching up on HAARP and as I said, it's a generally well accepted theory that HAARP is indeed being used to control the weather. You can watch expert after expert or read of very credible people who have all speculated on it and agree that HAARP is much more than what our government is currently admitting.

If Wikipedia is the be-all end-all for you and you think that's enough and all you need to know, then that's fine. I like to delve deeper, I like to find out what's really going on. It is not Doug's responsibility to educate you on this subject, it is your own responsibility if you'd like to be as well informed as he is. I'll gladly help if I can. A link to Wikipedia is beneath this discussion.

If you're interested in this subject, then educate yourself. This is a good place to start- https://sincedutch.wordpress.com/2012/04/07/472012-stanford-vlfhaarp-papers-disappear-from-the-internet/

There is tons of information out there, don't settle for the brush-off answer for the sheeple. Remember, your government lies for a living.

El Camexican
09-13-2015, 09:40 PM
There are fossils of palm trees, reptiles and other tropical forms of life all over Canada. There are also mammoth tusks in Mexico and proof of greenery in the Sahara. All changed over a few hundred thousand years due to what???

Mother Earth can, has and will do whatever the @#$% she wants. What we do here during our micro moment in the grand scheme of the Universe is equivalent to less than a fart in a hurricane. Time is on her side, not ours. Sure our water is poisoned and the sky's are fuzzy, but all that will be fixed a few hundred years after we're gone.

As long as the same knob gobblers that preach we should be driving toxic battery powered cars keep drinking their water out of the plastic bottles that are filling the oceans I don't feel bad about my carbon footprint. My life time total is still less that one year of Al "All I wanted was a happy ending" Gore's.

ironchop
09-14-2015, 10:33 AM
You bring up another point that sticks in my craw, Glamy.......Fukushima.

meanwhile, Al Gwhore is busy using "climate" to kickstart a lucrative new side business opportunity known as Carbon Emissions Trading. Yet another scam used to enrich the same ppl who responsible for the greatest volume of pollution..........all while BILLIONS of gallons of nuclear wastewater are being dumped into the pacific. If you live on the west coast and don't believe a cloud of fallout came straight over to western USA, then you will believe anything the Today Show tells you.

Hey, you know what kills you really quick and it doesn't give a damn whether there's a drought or not? Radiation.

Hey you know what destroys/ mutates DNA permanently? Radiation

Hey guess what will kill you faster than the loss of the endangered California Sewer Trout? Radiation.....it will kill both of you

Hey guess what one thing will keep killing us for decades to come long after it started raining again in California? Radiation

Fun Fact: You can board up your windows and sandbag your yard to protect you from all this "wild weather caused by climate change" but neither plywood, nor sandbags, nor evacuating to a hundred miles away can protect you from radioactive fallout. Perhaps Lead Plywood might help?

Environmentalists are short-sighted and oblivious to bigger picture problems and are incapable of PRIORITIZING even the simplest of lists

Besides, once I make enough money selling carbon credits to AMAX, I can afford the greatest oncologists the world has to offer to cure me of my ass cancer I got from eating Pacific shellfish.

Brilliant

El Camexican
09-15-2015, 05:15 AM
Don`t you just hate knob gobblers !.......and you can play tennis with a knob gobbler and after the game say " think i`ll get a beer what are you gonna do ..... " think i`ll gobble somebody's knob " .......oh ok see ya later ! (Gilda Radner).......and you don`t know WHAT he`s got drippin right here ! He`s got Fukishma drippin out his arse ! :):):):lol::):):)

We shouldn’t be knocking knob gobbling here. If the good politicians of CA decide to cover more water with those black balls on your dime it may eventually be the only way you can earn enough to pay your taxes.:lol:

tripledog
09-15-2015, 06:19 AM
I know......right ? I never heard nob gobblers before so i looked it up .....and there it was right next to homophobic ! Now if i could only gobble my own nob ........i`d never leave the house !

You probably can, but you'll have to cut it off before the gobbling begins.

El Camexican
09-15-2015, 06:41 PM
I know......right ? I never heard of "nob gobblers" before so i looked it up .....and there it was right next to homophobic ! Now if i could only gobble my own nob ........i`d never leave the house ! And then another important factor is fish are swimming in that water are taking sh!ts and probably pissing too ! What about turtle sh!t or alligator piss ? .....very important factors that you guys are missing like bat sh!t !!!

Glad to see we are all ascertaining from this forum. I had never heard of Fukishima before, so I looked it up and was thrilled to see that the Japanese in Fukushima had developed a system of removing radiation from millions of gallons of water so that it could then be safely be dumped into the ocean. I wish I could learn more of this wonderful technology. Perhaps it was developed by the same people that determined that in the event of a nuclear bomb explosion children should seek safety under their school desks:wondering

As far as auto-knob-gobbling is concerned I don't recommend it. I've discovered that any satisfaction realized is offset by a sore back.

A wise man once said; "Don't drink the water! The fish f**k in it!"

ironchop
09-15-2015, 08:31 PM
I love knowledge....its powerful

manbearpig
09-15-2015, 10:00 PM
Just a little drizzle in Ocean Beach today. Nice shiny new vacation home development about 100 yards from the water...

Permit fraud was suggested...

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k557/proct103/11009844_10206402140946843_7918136800640996193_n_z pszf6nuqyi.jpg (http://s1115.photobucket.com/user/proct103/media/11009844_10206402140946843_7918136800640996193_n_z pszf6nuqyi.jpg.html)

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k557/proct103/12002848_10206402140626835_4190726587437009902_n_z psol94c7a0.jpg (http://s1115.photobucket.com/user/proct103/media/12002848_10206402140626835_4190726587437009902_n_z psol94c7a0.jpg.html)

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k557/proct103/11249638_10206402140986844_6166626817938568282_n_z psj20dypsp.jpg (http://s1115.photobucket.com/user/proct103/media/11249638_10206402140986844_6166626817938568282_n_z psj20dypsp.jpg.html)

guess no one told that nice developer that Abbot street floods when it rains. oops...

tripledog
09-15-2015, 10:08 PM
Nothing worse than a flooded "car hole". DOH!

ironchop
09-15-2015, 10:11 PM
Sewer Trout habitat, right there. Good for the Eastern Desert Swamp Bats and Mexican Staring frogs from Madagascar

The fact that manbearpig is commenting on a climate/ environment thread in an online forum is priceless to me. Those of you who are SP fans know what I'm talkin about

knappyfeet
09-15-2015, 10:42 PM
Hey....how did you get in my garage?

manbearpig
09-15-2015, 10:47 PM
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k557/proct103/60158342_zpsqkd96aom.jpg (http://s1115.photobucket.com/user/proct103/media/60158342_zpsqkd96aom.jpg.html)

BOB MARLIN
09-16-2015, 08:56 AM
Look where the high water marks on the white cars are.

manbearpig
09-16-2015, 09:08 AM
oh Hodads... it goes down hill every summer when the tourist creatures and Zonies get into town. then when its back to mostly locals, the food gets better. "Bossman" took a nap a while back. hes still sleepin. Kid took over. Ate there once since his departure. dog turds have been replaced with bum turds. newport ave is a free range mental hospital and a homeless freeloader's wet dream with bus loads of generous 'enablers' arriving hourly during the summer. should see the packs of wild street kids.. if you give a street kid a cookie... he'll ask you for an outlet to charge his iphone.

knappyfeet
09-16-2015, 12:27 PM
It's just a shame. I've seen the steady downward progression of OB. It's nearly turned into a sh!thole west of Sunset Cliffs. I roll with my peeps west of Sunset but way out of my price range. I can remember when Rob Field skate park was clean and nicely run.........now.....crap. maybe I'm getting to old and grumpy.

Scootertrash
09-20-2015, 09:56 AM
Scooter, one of your links regarding the ice caps is to a satirical publication. "The Daily Mail" is considered a tabloid that puts out ridiculous articles like the kind of publications you see at the checkout line at the grocery store.

No sh!t Sherlock. As much credibility as an obscure wordpress blogger with unverifiable credentials.

I'll stick with Stanford.

From post 42. RIF:

Stanford University professor Umran Inan told Popular Science that weather-control conspiracy theories were "completely uninformed," explaining that "there’s absolutely nothing we can do to disturb the Earth’s [weather] systems.

Yes, Wikipedia isn't going to be the outlet to reference in regards to something our government may be trying to cover up. Such a mainstream form of generic definitions is going to give the most common and watered down answers because it is designed for those who know nothing of the subject searched. That way when someone Googles "HAARP", they will have their curiosity satisfied and will not be lead on to dig any deeper.

Yea, and all of the verifiable cites at the end of a majority of the WIKI articles are carefully crafted behind the scenes by government operatives to cover up the coverup of their coverup. Right :rolleyes:

I briefly spent some time yesterday catching up on HAARP and as I said, it's a generally well accepted theory that HAARP is indeed being used to control the weather. You can watch expert after expert or read of very credible people who have all speculated on it and agree that HAARP is much more than what our government is currently admitting.

So our government lies to the people, but admits they can control the weather (a lie?), but doesn't admit just how much they can control the weather? Or have they? Or not? Lying to cover a lie?

If Wikipedia is the be-all end-all for you and you think that's enough and all you need to know, then that's fine. I like to delve deeper, I like to find out what's really going on.

If you call obscure blogs and pseudo-celebrities pushing conspiracy theories reliable information, then have at it

It is not Doug's responsibility to educate you on this subject, it is your own responsibility if you'd like to be as well informed as he is.

I asked for clarification on his post rather than make an assumption on whether he was being sarcastic or not. I don't know chop personally, but I do know he is capable of some wittily sarcastic posts. I asked for clarification to be sure. Asking for clarification does not equal asking for an education. As intelligent as you claim to be I would think you'd know the difference.

I'll gladly help if I can.

Making assumptions, twisting others words, and insulting others intelligence is not help.

Remember, your government lies for a living.

I'm well aware of governmental lying, no need to remind me.:rolleyes:

And yet you can't seem to make the connection of the government funded studies that provide money to Universities that promote the government agenda to ensure more funding to the tune of millions?

A link to Wikipedia is beneath this discussion.

But a Wiki link is valid and good enough to post in your sig?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

How telling:
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein relatively unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability to be much higher than is accurate.

Once you get rid of your wood burning stoves and diesel trucks and start driving a Prius or some other hybrid, I'll believe that you are truly concerned about the environment. Until then it's all a bunch of BS. We already have one AL Gore.

ironchop
09-20-2015, 01:39 PM
I am very sarcastic, this much is true. Honestly , from my point of view, Scooter and John are usually on the same page as to where problem lies and how to fix it, they just ideologically disagree on who to blame. My wife and I do the same thing. I think we are both intelligent, she more than I, but sometimes we end up arguing points with each other that are parallel to one another but in the excitement, we misunderstood each other and thought we were on opposing sides of the topic when we weren't.

Scooter, I knew you were just asking for clarification as to what I think the agenda behind investing billions in developing HAARP really was and I hope my answer was clear enough. In a nutshell, I don't see a correlation between HAARP and pushing a climate agenda but I neither trust my Federal Imperial Emperor and his minions nor do I think for a minute that it didn't yet occur to them to use HAARP for that very reason. I can't say if it isn't being used for that reason that it wouldn't evolve into that at some point down the road. I just haven't read enough so-called evidence to prove anything to that effect.

As for who is trustworthy whereas any media outlet is concerned in my personal opinion? Nobody. We live in an age where agenda drives everything. There's agenda-driven news on the mainstream pipeline and there's Alt-news outlets who also have an agenda which isn't always about Truth for the sake of itself but also corrupted by an agenda of discrediting other news organizations and the talking heads that depend on them. I think everyone should be suspicious of anything anyone else writes, films, says, or photographs these days.

I know that sounds paranoid but its really just being reasonable. In my day, we were taught to question everything and especially authority. Now that might have also been a way to push a hippie-marxist revolution by Berkeley Lefties but its just good personal policy. Now thirty short years later, we are taught to question nothing especially authority and asked to accept innuendo and opinion as fact or reality. Total reversal. Scary indeed.

Scootertrash
09-20-2015, 02:17 PM
I agree 100% with your post 'chop.

In my short 55 years time on this rock, I've come to believe one thing:

"Follow the money"

Scootertrash
09-20-2015, 02:37 PM
^^^ Please don`t ever go away scooter.......i love you......what is it about Fabio that makes you so attracted to him ? .......is it his body ?........maybe he has a Twisted Sister pin on his uniform ?

It's a pledge pin Mister!

It's the flowing locks and the love of a bovine friendly alternative to butter ;)

El Camexican
09-20-2015, 08:03 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/carbon-pricing-schemes-double-since-2012-climate-fight-210047364.html

Reading this I would say a Fart Tax is inevitable. I hope it works as well as carbon and cigarette taxes have. I for one can tell the air is fresher every time someone pays $15.00 bucks for a pack of Player Light's up North. I suggest everyone invest in bottled air stocks before they become as vogue as bottle water that comes in plastic bottles that will be discovered by whatever next evolves out of the radioactive trees we'll leave behind.

Rolling Coal? Catching on everywhere!

tripledog
09-20-2015, 10:26 PM
DOH! Say it ain't so, EC. A fart tax would bankrupt me!

El Camexican
09-20-2015, 10:52 PM
DOH! Say it ain't so, EC. A fart tax would bankrupt me!

I'm more worried about the government's union labor people hired under the strictest of reverse discrimination codes installing the fart detector in my azz than the cost itself. An under qualified Syrian transvestite Muslim liberal with cold hands comes to mind.

tripledog
09-20-2015, 11:07 PM
I'm more worried about the government's union labor people hired under the strictest of reverse discrimination codes installing the fart detector in my azz than the cost itself. An under qualified Syrian transvestite Muslim liberal with cold hands comes to mind.

Thanks for that. I was going to snag a pre-midnight snack, but after reading your post I have lost my appetite...

El Camexican
09-21-2015, 07:30 AM
Thanks for that. I was going to snag a pre-midnight snack, but after reading your post I have lost my appetite...

Maybe a few photos of my latest meals will help get it back?

ironchop
09-21-2015, 12:14 PM
they become as vogue as bottle water that comes in plastic bottles

this is a particularly poignant pet peeve of mine.

say that three times fast

the mere idea of plastic bottles full of "drinking" water infuriates the Taurus in me.....let alone the idea of buying drinking water.

El Camexican
09-21-2015, 07:42 PM
this is a particularly poignant pet peeve of mine.

say that three times fast

the mere idea of plastic bottles full of "drinking" water infuriates the Taurus in me.....let alone the idea of buying drinking water.

The ONLY time I ever buy a bottle of water is when traveling somewhere nasty, or out of convenience (sporting event, race track, etc.) Not because I'm opposed to paying $2.00 for $0.00000001 worth of tap water in a bottle, but because of the freakin virgin plastic containers.

They still use glass Coke bottles in Mexico for the 500ml and smaller sizes, but over the past 6 or 7 years plastic is starting to take over. You can taste the difference (scary). If I was King all plastic containers would have a huge deposit price on them. So high that every fat ass TV watching kid would get up at 5:00am on weekends to be the first one to scour the ditches for empties (and discarded adult mags:lol:) like we did when I was a kid.

Seriously, it costs NOTHING to have a high deposit fee on containers. You pay one time and that's it, the money revolves. It's like a cheap tax which is better than a zillion bottles floating in a creek. On that note I see some towns are banning plastic bags. Good for them. Inconvenient as hell, but I don't mind. Plastic is a wonderful thing, but only where needed, like medical equipment and re-popped trike fenders.

tripledog
09-21-2015, 07:45 PM
The bottle redemption machine is my ATM.

ironchop
09-21-2015, 08:05 PM
I buy Mexican glass bottled Coke from my local authentic restaurant. It tastes like my childhood, when everything was good and right in the world, before high fructose GMO corn syrup and BPAs F#@%KD everything up. I remember STEEL cans of Pepsi and one litre glass bottles of Coke.

I think I heard Mexico banned GMOs. If that's true, we might take heed from our southern neighbors. Its embarrassing that we didn't think of it first.

Remember when parking lots glittered in the sunlight in the early morning and late afternoon from all the broken bottle fragments strewn about? There's beauty in colored silica. The kind you don't find in a lot full of smashed mountain dew and Walmart water bottles. Brown glass doesn't float in huge piles in our nation's waterways and our world's oceans. We went from brown paper (the easiest to recycle) to plastic bags. Cheap plastic bags.

I sold my Soul for convenience and Consumerism

El Camexican
09-22-2015, 05:50 AM
Jerry Brown dicks latest bright idea is to tax us per mile !...... because cars get such great gas mileage the state is not making enough revenue from gasoline tax ! Piss and sh!t taxes to follow !:mad::eek::mad:

What about a Knob Gobbler tax? Could that be the tax that finally brings California the revenue it needs to fix the water pipes?

83ATC185
09-22-2015, 09:00 AM
I buy Mexican glass bottled Coke from my local authentic restaurant. It tastes like my childhood, when everything was good and right in the world

I too love the mexican cokes. And the pepsis. And Sidral Mundet. Even the 7Up is much better and i don't care for 7-Up. And that melon juice that comes in the square bottle i could make myself sick on. Compare the ingredients, there's about 8 in the Mexican coke and 20 in American coke. Why? And all those bottles are 30 years old and scratched up where they RECYCLE them. Now that i think about it 75% of what our local Mexican grocery store sells is real whole foods. The selection is all of 4 aisles but its all good stuff. That's really what we need in America, a return to simplicity. Do away with millions of engineered food choices, and have 4 or 5 aisles of fresh food.

It would be an interesting experiment to shop only at that grocery store for a few months and see how my health improves. I might work this into the budget.

One of the most beautiful things I've ever seen was the sun shining through a 30 ft pile of broken safety glass at PPG in Decatur, IL. Simply breathtaking.

El Camexican
09-22-2015, 07:56 PM
I think I heard Mexico banned GMOs. If that's true, we might take heed from our southern neighbors. Its embarrassing that we didn't think of it first.

I don't know about that. My kid has taken to eating something available at HEB called a "Garapple" which looks like an apple and tastes like a grape. Sounds pretty GMO to me (I call them "Crapples")

I'm surprised to see you say the US Coke tastes different now than when you were a kid. When we would come to the States as far back as 1975 it was commonly known that Canadian Coke tasted very different than the Coke in ND or MN. Mom always said "they use different sugar down there". Mexican Coke tastes exactly like the Canadian version to me and the US still has that same syrupy sweet aftertaste that seems to last way too long. Maybe you can asked one of the guys from up North to bring one to TF for you to test next year? We can blindfold you and let you pick the best Coke:lol:

Myself I finally quit the Coke cold turkey in July. Still can't figure out what to mix with my rum that doesn't have sugar in it, so its been replaced by beer for now:beer

Forgot about broken glass thing. Too bad people are so freaking stupid that they cant refrain from smashing them. Perhaps a $1.00 a bottle deposit would change that.

tripledog
09-22-2015, 08:03 PM
I prefer Pepsi, soda speak.

fabiodriven
09-28-2015, 08:57 PM
Scooter, my diesel truck gets pretty good fuel mileage and I have it because I need it and use it for its intended purpose. From early spring until late fall and into the winter I ride my bike most places. Sometimes the truck doesn't move for days.

Using wood for fuel in my eyes is good because wood is a renewable resource. I'm unaware of any alternatives in my area that would have less of an impact. Natural gas isn't available where I live and is harmful to the earth to retrieve, oil is getting cleaner and cleaner and I have no idea if that's cleaner than wood but I doubt it, and I don't know anything about propane. All three of those are fossil fuels however. This much I know.

We can play link ping pong all day and it doesn't prove a thing. I started this out looking forward to learning and having a decent debate with someone I thought I was familiar with but I'm just getting talked down to by a codger. My aim is for people to open their eyes a bit that's all. There is no such thing as face value anymore.

barnett468
10-01-2015, 06:01 PM
Still can't figure out what to mix with my rum that doesn't have sugar in it, so its been replaced by beer for now:beer.

.................................................. ..... Same for me.

.......................https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/3LOh86IM8sZYN3rSAdLrFw--/YXBwaWQ9c3JjaGRkO2g9NTM2O3E9OTU7dz00Mjk-/http://troll.me/images/the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world/the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world.jpg

El Camexican
10-01-2015, 06:38 PM
.................................................. ..... Same for me.

.......................https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/3LOh86IM8sZYN3rSAdLrFw--/YXBwaWQ9c3JjaGRkO2g9NTM2O3E9OTU7dz00Mjk-/http://troll.me/images/the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world/the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world.jpg

Great beer, Too bad Kawasaki didn't name their trike "Tres Equis"

barnett468
10-01-2015, 07:29 PM
Great beer, Too bad Kawasaki didn't name their trike "Tres Equis"

.......................... Yes, or even Carta Blanca....because I like the jugs they use. http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/Smileys/smilies/hysterical.gif

...............................................htt ps://sp.yimg.com/xj/th?id=OIP.Mdd3aa0bb1126fa31e6bddeb36bf8b3b1o1&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

ironchop
11-14-2015, 12:42 PM
How will they rehydrate the Salton Sea to attract tourists again if you are spilling all that water out in the middle of the street like that?

El Camexican
11-14-2015, 06:08 PM
How will they rehydrate the Salton Sea to attract tourists again if you are spilling all that water out in the middle of the street like that?

10 billion tax dollars worth of Gatorade?;)