PDA

View Full Version : Finally joined the site. 350X question. I'm tired of not riding.

puffsmckifin
08-21-2015, 07:30 AM
Hello all. I've finally joined after searching the internet for hours and months with no luck finding any answers to my problems. I've had my 350x for over 10 years now. When I bought my Honda I tore the whole thing down and aside from the engine, rebuilt everything. Powder coated frame and parts, nos as many parts as possible and rebuilt the rest with the best parts I could find. Recently I let a friend ride my wheeler and when kick starting it the kick lever became stuck in the down position. I tried rocking it in gear, pulling, pushing and swearing but I just cant get it un-jammed. It would go down a little further, maybe an inch or so, but not up at all. Finally I decided to look into it further and removed the kick lever and took the side cover off. I removed the clutch to access the gear with the spring behind it. The spring and gear look to be in good shape and there is no obvious signs of damage. I can grab the shaft that the kicker was mounted on and move the gear in a downward, forward direction but that is it. My question is how is this gear removed? Do I need to split the case or am i missing some other way of removing this gear/spring? I really hope I don't have to split the case but am tired of not riding and storing this beautiful machine. Any help would be much appreciated.

Onetrackmind
08-21-2015, 09:07 AM
Hello and welcome to the site! You will find great people and all the help you could ever want here. If you haven't already got the service manual for you X, download it here: http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/
It will answer the majority of your questions and I know it covers kicker shaft replacement.

Hope that helps.

puffsmckifin
08-22-2015, 08:52 AM
I had a manual years ago but have misplaced it. Looks like the case doesn't need to be split. Thanks