PDA

View Full Version : One Legged Horse

Queef Chief
08-25-2015, 08:58 AM
Ok, now that I've got your attention, that's pretty much what my SX rides like... A one-legged horse.
Maybe I'm spoiled to the cushy suspension on my 200x, or my 2-stroke bikes, but I seriously need a kidney belt for riding that thing. I've lowered the air pressure to 2.5psi, and it still rides like a hay wagon. My next step is to try some other tires I have in the garage. I see that the 200x front ends are a popular conversion, and I've even contemplated my old '85 250r roller I have laying around. Have you guys found a rear shock setup that works better.
I realize it's a 30yr old 3wheeler, and comfort probably wasn't top of the engineering list, but I'm interested to see what/if others have done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atctim
08-25-2015, 09:21 AM
what rear tires are you using? That trike was designed to have a round profile squishy tire - that was 1/2 the suspension for that trike. Many people run the square profile modern tires on them for better handling on turns, but the ride suffers terribly - it's a big trade-off.

Queef Chief
08-25-2015, 09:38 AM
They are the old Buckshot Mudders. Even at 2.5psi, they seem really stiff, so I'm sure this is contributing the the rough ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Queef Chief
08-31-2015, 05:32 AM
Well I have been experimenting with other tires I had, and the 250sx rides MUCH better now. Sand tires don't really serve much purpose in rural KY, but I have always liked the west coast look. 220936