PDA

View Full Version : Honda 1983 ATC185s HELP!

Steven R
08-26-2015, 04:20 PM
Hello guys, I have a three wheeler and i don't know what the issue is or issues is on it, It's a Honda 1983 ATC185s. It seems that their is no fire at all, I spent over 100$ trying to figure out the issue and just today i spent 20$ on an ignition coil and previously a few weeks ago i spent 80$ on a pickup pulsar coil underneath the CDI cap. I did indeed clean all the wires with WD-40 and wiggled them all back in place. The bike did run for awhile before i purchased a new coil then the next morning it didn't go. SO here i am now trying to get help with this. School starts in a couple weeks an i've been meaning to get this going because im bored all summer and now got a project. Anyone know what it could be??

Tuckdup
09-02-2015, 11:04 PM
Have you checked your generator?
It is behind the flywheel/pull cord. On top you should see 3 wires comming out of trailprotrailpro flywheel area going to a connector/plug. I believe theres a black, green, and yellow wire. Black is your ignition. Yellow is your lights. And green your ground.
Way i normaly check it is unplug the connector, take 2 spare wires, stick one in the black wire spot and the other in the green/ground, hold onto the other ends. And pull trailprotrailpro pull cord and see if u get a shock haha. I dont recommend doing this... But it worked for me.. It would probably be better if you looked up what it was suppose to read and use an olme meter or something. Just seems like to much of a hassle to me..

joels
09-04-2015, 06:52 AM
I had a very similar problem with a 84 200x. When i finally figured it out i almost didnt believe it but it was just the pickup coil under the cdi cover. The pickup wasnt bad, it was just too far away and not getting a reading. Try loosening it and pushing it closer. The holes may not even be slotted but just try it, that tiny little bit of clearance may be off slightly. Hopefully yours is as easy as mine to fix.