PDA

View Full Version : Carb question

swampyred
08-31-2015, 12:36 PM
I would like to put a bigger carb on my 200e. I read so far, that the xr200 carb is a good fit. My question, is both ends of the carb. What do I do about the intake boot, and carb to air box boot. I'd like to keep the stock box, because I do a lot of swimming. Thanks in advance. :-)

Jmoozy27
09-01-2015, 12:00 AM
You can use a heat gun to soften the rubber boot to make it fit. What mods do you have? Without a higher compression piston, cam, and decent exhaust putting that carb would almost be pointless. You would be going from 22mm to 27mm, and I'm pretty sure that you would need the xr manifold. The 24mm 200x carb is a direct bolt on and would give it more power. You can get a used carb for around $50.

swampyred
09-01-2015, 11:29 AM
I'm collecting parts at the moment, as I have a lot of piston slap. I already have a 1mm over 10.25-1 wiseco. I was going for the "big and low" power band. Plan on the xr carb, porting the head, web oversize valves, springs, stage 1 or 2 cam, and an RCM pipe. Pretty much it would run like an xr. Having owned an xr200, I know it had more torque from idle on than all 3 of my 200's. So that's my goal, unless i'm doing it wrong? Someone mentioned the clutch as a weak link. I haven't searched yet for an HD clutch. Do they make them? I figured this was a good place to ask. I don't know any 3wheeler guru's, and until now, just played with lt230's and 2strokes. :-)

swampyred
09-01-2015, 11:33 AM
Just lookin' for a big breathing swamp thumper, not a screamer.

swampyred
09-01-2015, 11:35 AM
The other thing, is I want a brand new carb, I'm not on any budget, it's a toy I'll never get rid of.