PDA

View Full Version : Tri Moto Rear Suspesion

BDM93
09-01-2015, 11:05 PM
So I have seen a lot of talk on here about the pro-tech suspensions that different people have bought and installed for their Tri Motos. I was wondering where people got these, or if I needed to make a custom bracket and just buy a hydraulic shock? I would appreciate any information people have about their suspension kits!

350for350
09-04-2015, 10:24 PM
You can't just make a bracket and mount a shock to have rear suspension. A solid rear end has no up and down movement. all of the parts would have to be changed in order to put suspension on it. That's why people used to sell whole frames to convert your trike.

BDM93
09-05-2015, 10:33 AM
So is there a company that makes a different swing arm and mounting bracket for it? I have seen people who have the conversion done to their trikes and I was wondering if anyone knew somewhere I could get all the stuff I will need to make the conversion?

Yamawheeler
09-12-2015, 05:30 PM
Any type of conversion like that is usually a custom fabrication job. I am currently working on hydraulic rear brakes. It's been a headache and I still haven't mounted it yet that's also due to not getting to the shop to work on it though.

Yamawheeler
09-12-2015, 05:46 PM
Best bet get all the rear axle parts for ytm 225. Drive shaft needs to be changed out so each end had U joints. The diff can be the same and rear axle. Tires can stay just need to switch out driveshaft and linkages then cut out the mount for the rear axle and weld in a structural bar for shock. Have to have a swing arm mount as well so there's more fab work there. It's more work than buying a wrecked 225 frame and switch parts over.