PDA

View Full Version : Ford guys...anybody have 429 heads?

ironchop
09-05-2015, 12:09 AM
I'm looking for a pair of C8VE, C9VE, or D0VE castings. I'm rebuilding the 460 in my 79 and I want to use non-smog big block heads.

Thought I would check here also

Sent from my Z998 using Tapatalk

onformula1
09-05-2015, 12:30 AM
Sorry, I don't but I have seen it many times the time you build/rebuild a nice set of heads something like these seem like a deal, free shipping too.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-60665/overview/make/ford

barnett468
09-05-2015, 12:55 AM
I have a set of DOVE heads . . they are cleaned and bare with good valve seats . . i haven't checked the guides yet . . i have them in storage but i have had a friend of mine selling off all my spare parts so i will have to ask him if he has sold them or not . . unfortunately he may have left already for a week . . i will see if i can reach him tomorrow.

you can also check the parts section here http://www.460ford.com/forum/

or check with barry here . . you need to call or email . . he wont have them on his site http://www.survivalmotorsports.com/Bluethundersmallblock.html

if you need any build suggestions just let me know, im guessing you might have figuered out by now that, thats what i do.

ebaccm26
09-05-2015, 01:38 AM
I have a set of D2VE heads you could have but you would have to bring me a new set of door stops :D

big specht
09-05-2015, 07:59 AM
Any body on here looking for and 69 small block heads? I know they need seat work?

big specht
09-05-2015, 08:03 AM
What are these heads going for these days? I've been out of the big block market for along time

90nut
09-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Rebuilt dovec heads(ready to bolt on) go for around 1500$. I sold a set I had under my bench for years, for 400$ a head, bare and needing gone thru. I just got a set done a month ago for 450$ new guides, seals, valve job, decked and painted.
Sorry, that wasn't much help as far as selling you some heads, lol. What is your budget? I know many ford guys and they oil up on craigslist every so often around me.

90nut
09-05-2015, 12:28 PM
Rebuilt dovec heads(ready to bolt on) go for around 1500$. I sold a set I had under my bench for years, for 400$ a head, bare and needing gone thru. I just got a set done a month ago for 450$ new guides, seals, valve job, decked and painted.
Sorry, that wasn't much help as far as selling you some heads, lol. What is your budget? I know many ford guys and they oil up on craigslist every so often around me.

YTZ drew
09-07-2015, 07:15 PM
Wow, they fetch good money out your way. I sold a set of grubby used DOVE heads last year for $100, and some D2VE's with no valves for $75. They sat on CL for quite a while too!

Anyone want a set of Sealed Power hardened pushrods for a 460, part number RP3185, new in the box? Pay for the shipping and they're yours, I have no need for them.

ironchop
09-08-2015, 10:47 AM
Wow, they fetch good money out your way. I sold a set of grubby used DOVE heads last year for $100, and some D2VE's with no valves for $75. They sat on CL for quite a while too!

Anyone want a set of Sealed Power hardened pushrods for a 460, part number RP3185, new in the box? Pay for the shipping and they're yours, I have no need for them.

I`ll take them! PM me.

yeah I see them used every once in awhile around here for about $400 a pair needing rebuild but its rare because it`s a popular item here especially for the Truck nuts and Dentside Fords are like "Gold in them thar hills" especially SB trucks (I got two)

I got 6 pair of D3VE but they all have smog stuff plus that annoying non-adjustable rocker design I hate. I use them for wheel chocks and to weigh down the back of my engine hoist when I get a really heavy BB on it to keep it from tipping. Haha.

I`m not building a wrinkle-wall smoking drag truck just a real stout BB Ford for a SB 79 4x4.

My budget on the total engine rebuild (on just the long block)(Im also rebuilding the T18 and NP transfer case later on a different budget) is about $2500 give or take a few hundred but I plan to ditch the iron intake and the smog heads. Keeping the 460 rotating assembly (429 and 460 used same block), using a torque cam and an intake built for better flow at low RPM for torque. I plan to pull a boat sometimes and probably a 30ft camper. It has a fifth wheel setup.

I ALMOST went with a Cummins 12V conversion because they bolt right up to the T18 bellhousing and tranny I have been told but that's gonna set me back bit more $ because I have nothing to start with

big specht
09-08-2015, 01:28 PM
But the 12v would be cheaper to drive but you would have hated the non over drive 4 speed

ironchop
09-09-2015, 11:29 PM
Maybe I should just buy a pair of complete 460 aluminum heads. Bolt on and go.

This motor is god-awful heavy and I know replacing the iron intake and heads with aluminum pcs would probably shave 80-100 lbs off its overall weight...I really had to wrestle this SOB in and out of the truck because I was by myself the last time and 9 inches of lift made it even more irritating

onformula1
09-10-2015, 12:13 AM
Maybe I should just buy a pair of complete 460 aluminum heads. Bolt on and go.

This motor is god-awful heavy and I know replacing the iron intake and heads with aluminum pcs would probably shave 80-100 lbs off its overall weight...I really had to wrestle this SOB in and out of the truck because I was by myself the last time and 9 inches of lift made it even more irritating

Read post #2...LOL

ironchop
09-10-2015, 08:05 AM
Read post #2...LOL
I did. Thats what steered me in this direction. So if this doesn't work out, its all your fault :)

Sent from my Z998 using Tapatalk

sledcrazyinCT
09-10-2015, 10:24 PM
I did. Thats what steered me in this direction. So if this doesn't work out, its all your fault :)

Those will blow your budget but would be a great alternative

ironchop
09-11-2015, 05:09 PM
Those will blow your budget ......

Story of my life!