PDA

View Full Version : help with my three wheeler. compression problems general questions thanks.

jonathanp
09-06-2015, 10:43 PM
Hey everybody! I'm new to this site and have some questions about a three wheeler I inherited. OK for startersi believe it to be a 1985 200x. Its really dirty and has been outside for a couple years. Its also in fairly nice cond. Just kinda dirty. So the guy who used to own it says it ran but he would have to tow\push it down a hill then pop it into gear to start. The reason for this is because the compression switch by the clutch handle never worked. So I have some questions on what could be messed up there. The switch is all froze up and doesn't like to move. Other than that I did some general maintenance. The carb was shot so I bought a new one and throttle cable. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

yaegerb
09-07-2015, 12:36 AM
85 200x didn't come with compression release unless they swapped out a 200s head which is possible. Pictures will help us narrow down what you have.

RUNMEDOWN
09-25-2015, 03:42 PM
the compression switch by the clutch handle never worked.

Does not sound like a Comp-release lever, the Comp release is on the head (As mentioned before it did not come on a 200x but could be a swap) not near the clutch handle. I agree pics would be good, is the Compressions switch on the clutch lever? Could you be talking about the parking brake button/lever?