PDA

View Full Version : need quick answer about stupid exhaust from previous owner. 1985 200x.

redemn93
09-07-2015, 09:56 AM
ok. first, i didn't do this. don't castrate me.

How much louder that a stock, gutted muffler would this be? the little muffler is straight through with a perforated wall inside.

i know the mount tab for the muffler is gone but i can weld up a new one if needed unless welding on these frames a forbidden. does that head pipe seem to end close to the stock location?

thank guys.

atc007
09-07-2015, 10:26 AM
That would just cackle, shoot flames,rip your ear drums and have your neighbors calling the cops. I would look for any other set up.

freewheeler
09-07-2015, 10:30 AM
That will not only be really loud, it will kill your bottom end power. The header pipe ends approximately where a stock pipe would end, but i think yours is a larger diameter than stock, maybe a DG or supertrapp header. Thats good because the lifan engines need a large pipe.

Fix your rear brakes.

redemn93
09-07-2015, 10:45 AM
brakes are on the list. going to pick up a stock muffler now. missing the arrestor though. still better than this garbage though right? ill find something to put in it. i just picked this up and fixing the problems. thanks guys.

86125m
09-07-2015, 11:18 AM
yea I run my 200x with the stock pipe and its missing the arrestor. The arrestor is the first thing to come off in most case anyway.

jb2wheels
09-08-2015, 08:28 AM
I used a 350X pedal (for sure) and linkage (I think) for brakes on my 200x with Lifan:

As I recall, I had to shorten and re-thread the bolt connecting the 2 links.

I also moved the linkage on the rear crank closer to the pivot to address pedal travel/ratio issues.

redemn93
09-08-2015, 09:16 AM
jb2, thank man. thatll save me a ton of headache trying to get my adapted. ill be picking your brain as i go along.

first i want to get an exhaust setup. the header pipe is an aftermarket stainless unit and looks to be cut. i need to make a small s pipe to fit the muffler to the header. ill weld it to the muffler and make a slip fit at the end of the new pipe i make. the muffler i picked up is nice and only missing the arrestor. guts are still there and see to be in good shape. quick blast and paint and itll look perfect.

time is short for the next few weeks as i have other house projects to finish first. plus a 1 year old thats on the move and school. damn priorities.