PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Honda 125m Not shifting

Bashula
09-09-2015, 02:01 PM
I had the 3 wheeler sub tranny explode and I fixed it but now I get on it and try to shift It dosen't work the shifting indecator works but It dosen't move and It is easier to shift then normal.

Thanks Bryan

shortline10
09-09-2015, 06:09 PM
Pull the clutch cover and inspect the shift drum stopper . Its either broken or possibly the bolt backed out , very common issue .

Bashula
09-09-2015, 10:48 PM
Pull the clutch cover and inspect the shift drum stopper.

How would I open it the screws are stripped out on the case

shortline10
09-10-2015, 08:50 PM
Impact screw driver to remove the screws and if their striped drill the heads off and replace .

kb0nly
09-15-2015, 03:46 AM
And replace them with metric hex head flange bolts! God i hate those case screws with a passion... If i have to open one up the original screws go in a box on the shelf and new bolts go in, no more messing with them.

Bashula
09-25-2015, 11:23 AM
I been busy doing thing and I still got to open the case but I wanted to check another thing first I took the left wheel off and what ever else was there looking for the chain that drives the wheels I took it all off and I saw that the chain came off so I put it on and I put it into gear and it still rolls "Is there any way I put the sub tranny together wrong can someone tell me how to put it back on", or its the same thing with the transmission and I'll need to crack the tranny cover and fix it.

RUNMEDOWN
09-25-2015, 02:03 PM
And replace them with metric hex head flange bolts! God i hate those case screws with a passion.
This is the best suggestion on the site. Of all of my porjects the 110/125 case "Screws" are the worst design.