PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Carb for my Tri Moto

BDM93
09-13-2015, 12:53 AM
So I have a Yamaha Tri moto and I am tired of messing with the carb. It needs a choke plunger assembly and is not running very well anyway, I think everyone and their brother messed with it before I got it. I am hoping that someone on here can point me in the right direction to find a good carb that will work with this 3 wheeler? The oil injection is removed and I premix my oil so that isn't an issue, I just want something that will be reliable for me to count on to run all the time.

Yamawheeler
09-13-2015, 01:06 AM
Premix oil? Are you taking two stroke or four? My mikuni vm 22 hasn't given me any problems.

tborden3035
09-13-2015, 02:50 PM
I had the same issue. I went and got a mikuni vm series. Now it starts first pull every time.

BDM93
09-13-2015, 07:34 PM
It has a mikuni vm20 on it right now with the oil injection removed. It is a 2 stroke motor and yes I premix my oil 32:1. I have been getting quite frustrated with it. Do you guys who have these carbs have to tweak and tune them a lot or do you guys pretty much just tune them once and leave them alone? I am considering selling it ad buying a 4 stroke just so I don't have to deal with all the tuning that comes with 2 stroke motors.