PDA

View Full Version : Hotel parking lot security

fieldy
09-16-2015, 11:14 PM
When traveling with bikes or trikes and you have to check into a hotel, is there any wireless system that you can use to keep an eye on your racing trailer with? I always have a time resting when I know good and well the hotel doesn't give one damn about what happens in their well lit parking lot. Even though I have backed the trailer up to there cement block reinforced trash dumpster compound, still i find myself looking out and going out to look around.

Ultimately I would rather camp with a toy hauler and avoid the hotel but until the toy hauler prices come down some, I will probably get an enclosed v-nose and throw a bed in the front, although i suspect that staying in that with the significant other will be frowned upon in short order.

Any ideas about surveillance at the times one must choose hotels on trips? What do you traveling motorcycling folks do. I need a real solution.

onformula1
09-16-2015, 11:56 PM
I felt the same way.

If I didn't take the box van and sleep on it, I would just drive a truck and either bring the bike into the hotel room for the night or make friends with a good shop and drop them there for the night, most would have cameras and lock them up for you, support the shop by buying something and bring a couple of cases of beer for them. We had a network of helpful shops when I raced full time.

Here's another idea, with this forum and the great people on it, you should be able to find someone to babysit them for you, I have the greater Phoenix, AZ area covered for you, anytime.

nd4speed
09-17-2015, 03:34 AM
bunch of heavy locks, chains and maybe a wheel boot?

Wireless camera like they put on drones?

Attack dog?

Yamada
09-17-2015, 08:04 AM
Put a very big Artic Cat decal on the trailer. No one will think about stealing your stuff!