PDA

View Full Version : Honda 200e, no spark, stator wire damage, photos and misc broken washer?

jlesinski
09-29-2015, 10:48 PM
Hi all. I am new to three wheeler world. I own 2 Big Reds and I love them.

My 200e (I think - no sticker on frame) recently started acting up. It would start, run for a few seconds and then die. I cleaned the gas tank and carb and no luck. Then it seemed as though it would get and lose spark. One time I rode it for a half hour and no issues. Then it wouldn't start again and I had no spark at all. I replaced the CDI because that seems to be a possible common issue that sounded like what I was having... and also checked wires, grounds etc but still no luck. I started running the tests in the manual and the stator Ohms seemed to change with each pull of the pull cord? So I took a look at the stator and it looks like you see in the photos. It seems to be damaged and have a wire hanging off, AND there is a miscellaneous broken washer that was floating around in there.

I am thinking I need to replace the stator (probably one from ebay). Also, any idea where that misc broken washer came from? It seems like each gear have washers in front and behind them except the left most which only has a clip on it?

I appreciate the advice!

Howdy
09-30-2015, 08:12 PM
The washer looks like one from the starter gears. The stator looks damaged as well. I would replace it. It helps to have spare parts on hand. I should have a extra 1 ( or 3 ). $50 shipped via Priority mail in the US. ;)
Howdy

jlesinski
10-02-2015, 09:19 PM
Thanks Howdy. I actually pulled the trigger right away on ebay and bought a new stator because I was sure that was damaged. I had thought all my washers were in place but I pulled the flywheel and it turns out the washer in the back is the one that is missing. I will have to pick one of these up before I put it back together. Anything else I should be on the lookout for or does this go back together pretty easily?