PDA

View Full Version : 1984 ATC 200M....Just purchased

dwil4
09-30-2015, 08:16 AM
I picked this ride up for $125 yesterday. The guy said the chain came off with him one day and he parked it and hadn't fooled with it since. Said it has been sitting six or seven years. The tank has some pinholes rusted in it in the lower section nearest seat. I have not torn into it yet but it needs a few small things like a brake lever, probably a new chain, some paint in a few places to freshen up things and obviously I'll put new brake shoes on it. All in all it looks to be in my opinion in pretty good shape. No doubt it was worth the money I spent and the best part is when I shot a little gas into the cylinder it fired right up. I will be needing some help on this as I go along starting with some wiring. If you look in the second picture there is a green wire that's obviously a ground wire and he said it wouldn't crank unless that was plugged in and that the neutral light stays on all the time. So any suggestions as to what I need to do to correct this? Are there any wiring diagrams on this site? Thanks in advance to any and all help

dwil4
09-30-2015, 08:19 AM
Sorry for the sideways pic I don't know why it posted that way. Maybe one of the mods can fix it?

86125m
09-30-2015, 10:59 AM
Looks like a pretty good bike. I know I love my 200m.

atctim
09-30-2015, 11:27 AM
Do a simple google search of "ATC200M wiring" and you will find the schematic. All green wires, as shown in your picture are ground on any Honda trike. Just trace out where the wires come from and go to - it's pretty simple. Pull the tank off of the bike for a bird's eye view of all the wiring.

coolpool
09-30-2015, 04:43 PM
Welcome. Lots of info on coating tanks. Fairly straightforward if you adhere to the instructions to a tee. Sounds like your Neutral swith is stuck in the grounded position.

dwil4
09-30-2015, 10:17 PM
The wire that I have my finger on coming from behind the sprocket cover was a green wire that was pulled apart and I hooked it and the green wire that was grounded to the CDI cover in the 1st pics together as I thought that's prob where it went???

dwil4
10-01-2015, 02:48 PM
Help...Am I right in my last post?

dwil4
10-02-2015, 10:50 PM
All the wiring diagrams I have saw are confusing as in it will have a wire labeled G/R but it doesn't have G/R in the chart to right of the page. Any help?? In the following pic u see a green wire coming from the sprocket area,,,,when I hooked that green wire that was grounded to the cdi cover to that wire the neutral light stopped working??

BarnBoy
10-03-2015, 07:42 AM
[QUOTE=dwil4;1385185]All the wiring diagrams I have saw are confusing as in it will have a wire labeled G/R but it doesn't have G/R in the chart to right of the page. Any help?? In the following pic u see a green wire coming from the sprocket area,,,,when I hooked that green wire that was grounded to the cdi cover to that wire the neutral light stopped working??[/

That green wire is for the neutral indicator. On my 200m the switch is broken so the neutral light is always on. Is your bike in neutral? If it is in gear then maybe that is why the light seems to not work. Nice bike by the way.

dwil4
10-03-2015, 11:25 AM
Yes it was. I'll try again but I am confused by the diagrams I have saw. You can see there is a G/R coming from the neutral switch and the starter button but there is no G/R in the color code chart. There also is no Y/B in the chart. I can't assume it's green and red because that wire is not green and red

dwil4
10-04-2015, 05:28 PM
bump...............

dwil4
10-06-2015, 10:22 AM
Any comments on that wiring diagram?

BarnBoy
10-06-2015, 07:05 PM
Yes it was. I'll try again but I am confused by the diagrams I have saw. You can see there is a G/R coming from the neutral switch and the starter button but there is no G/R in the color code chart. There also is no Y/B in the chart. I can't assume it's green and red because that wire is not green and red

Yeah, I am not sure why that would be. Do you just want to get your neutral indicator switch working? As was said in an earlier post I would check your ground.

dwil4
10-06-2015, 09:10 PM
Yea I would just like to get everything back to normal working order. If I hook it to the wire coming from behind the sprocket it does nothing. If I hook it back to the wire that the previous owner had grounded to the CDI cover then it stays on. lol

dwil4
12-10-2015, 11:15 PM
Welcome. Lots of info on coating tanks. Fairly straightforward if you adhere to the instructions to a tee. Sounds like your Neutral swith is stuck in the grounded position.

How would I check to see if my neutral switch is bad? It is on at all times

dwil4
12-11-2015, 09:13 PM
Bump for help..

dwil4
12-16-2015, 10:37 AM
One more bump...