PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha tri z lights dining out!!!!

Bwilder
10-02-2015, 10:53 AM
Got a 86 Yamaha tri z, turn the lights on their fine for a little while, then the lights will dim even on high looks like candle light their so dim, then they keep going in and out, thought it my be a short or a voltage problem, any info is appericated!!!

jerkin
10-03-2015, 09:26 AM
These old bikes need a little love with the wiring now and then, it usually gets overlooked. If you haven't done it yet I would suggest unplugging all the connectors you can find, clean them up with a little contact cleaner, hit them with dielectric grease and put them back together. Also check your grounds and your voltage regulator, it's usually grounded to the frame.

Karhu
10-15-2015, 08:07 AM
I think your regulator is broken, but like Jerkin said, first check all the connector and clean them with contact cleaner.. check the grounding (get the bolds out make sure they connect to the frame + put some vaseline on them and put them back in).

If all this don't work replace the voltage regulator when this is broken usually the lights are the first to go. (speaking from experience with my grizzly 660)

Keep us posted!!