PDA

View Full Version : Non honda question

TwiZ
10-06-2015, 09:47 PM
Ok new to the site here...but fairly knowlegable about the ole hondas. Well my son got a old suzsucki LT230E that his gramps gave him. It sat for ten yrs so i did the normal tank flush n carb rebuild n oil n spark plug change n new battery. She cranked up n ran ok for awhile until it displayed a intermittent no spark thing....i narrowed it down to thepulse pickup coil...my question is....has anyone retrofitted a p.u.coil from a different machine? Every site i checked shows that the stator must be purchased with coil. I can remove the pulse coil with another if i knew one from a different model i could use...if anyone has done this let me know what they used...as there is very little info on this machine on the net...if it was a quadsport or racer it wouldnt be an issue...but like to fix it for him cuz this bike was well maintained and in excellent shape...thanks guys

350for350
10-08-2015, 08:18 PM
Did you try ebay? I know I've bought just a new pulse coil before instead of another stator. This was on a guy's 1984 ytm200e. Even the dealership said that I had to buy a new stator. I just can't remember where I found it. It's been 8 or 9 years.

TwiZ
10-09-2015, 12:16 AM
Ive looked all over ebay...just got a email back from rickystator and sent him some pics and waitin for a reply...so hopefully they can help,as i know they rewind and refurbish them,and like i said to him,they gotta use a p.u.coil from somethin...just cant see spendin that much jing for a stator when not needed,and dont trust buyin a used one

sanchez
10-09-2015, 04:51 PM
try another rebuilder ricky isn't the only company that rewinds stators

TwiZ
10-10-2015, 09:54 PM
Im just lookin to get a part number off em...aint heard much good about them but they responed when others didnt yet....sure i can find one cheaper..cant see a number on the coil i got