PDA

View Full Version : 83 atc 200

13ogart
10-07-2015, 11:45 AM
Hey Everyone, This is my first post on 3WW i just pick up a 1983 Honda ATC 200 from an auction for next to nothing. This is my first 3wheeler i do not know much about these machines although i am mechanically inclined i am constantly doing work on my truck and other vehicles. The 200 has definitely been ridden hard and put away wet in a barn to die somewhere so i am currently in the process of bring it back to life. Ive already rebuilt the Carburetor the float kept sticking it still kind of does but not as often.Changed the oil with some 4 stroke 10w-40 didn't find any metal shavings nor any water in the oil which is surprising. Spark plug and wire look almost brand new so i left them. Adjusted the idling screw to near perfect same with the air/fuel mixture i think i got it near bang on. It fires up after first pull unfortunately the decompression cable on that leaver is missing so its fun pulling the rip cord i can still feel the pain in my arm. I ran it for almost 2 hours on the trails the other day with no issues so i am really happy with everything.

So basically i am just looking for any advice things i should check for or parts that are known for breaking possibly any performance upgrades i could look into. I find it hard to find information for just the ATC200. I need a air filter to so i was looking to order one does anyone have any suggestions? Would a K&N work for this machine? or should i stick with the foam.

Brought it home from the Auction lucky number 760!
Tearing it down
Tightening the drive chain (Tensioner bolt was broke off so that was fun)
Buddy Screwing around

Big G
10-07-2015, 04:32 PM
I put one of those foam UNI Filters in my '83 200 and have been happy with it. Got it off eBay for around 20 bucks.

TwiZ
10-07-2015, 04:45 PM
On the right hand side on the top of the engine you will see a lever where the compresson cable went,flick it forward before ya start it...ull have to do that every pull...if it springs back without staying forward slightly pull the start rope and then click it forward...this will help with that ouchy kickback until ya fix cable...but ive always done this with my bonecrusher

Degoragon
10-09-2015, 05:11 PM
i agree with the suggestion for the stock foam cleaner. I have a foam stock replacement one from Emglo, about $7 on ebay, slips right on the stock mount (if you still have the stock holder). otherwise, a foam filter from Moose Racing ($18) or UNI ($23) is a good bet, and they are all in one (with holder), they mount on with the included Hose Clamp. oh, make sure to oil the filter before install, Foam Filter oil works best (Extra Tacky), but SAE-30W motor oil works too.