PDA

View Full Version : Klt 200

rotch
10-09-2015, 07:52 PM
Hey everybody i have a kawi klt 200, picked it up cheap...supposedly it ran good last year. So cleaned the carb out and turns out the float was missing its pin (float hinge pin) so i made one out ofan old rivet pin. Does the diameter of pin make much difference as im not sure the size difference in the original. I have gotten it to fire, for about a minute then went to throttle it and it died. Also fuel is pouring out the bottom overflow. Thanks

jerkin
10-10-2015, 12:11 PM
As long as the float can move freely you should be ok but with the fuel running out either the float is sticking, not adjusted properly or the needle valve that the float opens and closes is not seating properly.

rotch
10-10-2015, 03:29 PM
Ok, ill just see if i can get a rebuild kit, and work on adjustment, kind of new science to me but i think i can get it. Also having a problem with 1 of the 10 amp fuses keeps popping during or after i try to start it so im gonna run new wires in a few places. Man i was pumped when i heard it run for a minute. Love my atc-110 but need some more speed! Thanks Jerkin

Devilsclaw
10-10-2015, 10:08 PM
You can get the gaskets on EBay. Those carbs are fairly cheap too probably should pick one up just for spare parts. If the pin isn't the exactly correct size it may run but it won't run right if there is any slop at all. That could be the reason it's overflowing. Get a new float valve too just because they're cheap and good insurance. The manuals tell the correct float height. I THINK it's 20mm but better check me on that.

rotch
10-11-2015, 05:33 PM
Thanks again for responding, i cannot find a mikuni vm22 carb thats identical to mine, will a cheap $30 chinese carb work? The pin i have in the float it fits fairly well, slides in amd out with ease but not too easy. Its just a 22mm carb so if i got one similar maybe a little bigger i wonder if that would work? I do have a old carb from a honda 125m i may try but will need the manifold adapte piece. Trial and error i guess. Ill get a rebuild kit for my original anyways, but i dont believe they come with a float hinge pin