PDA

View Full Version : New member looking for feedback on TPC Trikes

Dunatik
10-11-2015, 12:53 AM
So, I'm a new member but I've been riding/racing trikes since 87'. Started in Phx, then OK, on to CA where I got distracted by getting into racing some Grand Prix and BITD on quads. Then MX in Guam, moved to Vegas some more BITD on quads, and now back in PHX, AZ. Always ridden ATC's as well. Well I took the plunge and sold all the race bikes!! (7 TRX250R's and 3 TRX450R's) I restored my original 85' 250R, and 80' ATC70 and sent a quad frame to TPC to start my new 450 Trike. I kept the LSR swingarm, linkage and big can PEP, along with had my motor freshened up and really worked over to try and get close to the 60HP mark, as well as been stacking up a pile of parts to build this bike. I told him from the beginning that I absolutely needed the frame back by the weekend before Halloween to make it in time for dune season. It's been 4-5 months and I can hardly ever get a hold of him and I heard rumor the other day about people having to wait over a year. I don't want to believe rumors or jump to conclusions but I am starting to get worried. I'm actually not even too worried about the frame and the deposit... More worried that I have sold all my 450s and committed to this build and will end up without!!

Sorry so long, but I just wanted to ask your opinions. Thanks in advance.

KASEY
10-11-2015, 11:10 AM
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/171853-Tpc-shipping/page2?highlight=tpc+trikes

Dunatik
10-11-2015, 12:24 PM
Wish I would have seen all this before I parted out my bikes and sent him a frame and $500!!!

ATCSolace34
10-11-2015, 01:39 PM
I can't speak on getting a full TPC trike built yet but I did send Bill my 350x frame for a gusset kit install and was very pleased with his customer service. He was always easy to get a hold of at the time and answered any questions I had. Seemed like a very nice guy with a lot of talent but also seemed very busy. With the recent ATV On Demand 350x build, TPC's growing popularity in the 3 wheeler racing world and Bill having to move his shop I'm sure he's got his hands full. I know I would be feeling the pressure. Maybe there is a long wait for a full TPC build but I don't know of anyone else putting out a machine as nice as a TPC. I was also under the impression that he is a small business. It's not like dealing with a huge corporation like Honda. Just seems like a guy with a lot of experience doing his best to be innovative in this sport. Again, I can only speak for myself but I was very pleased with Bill's customer service and the finished product. I won't build another 350x without a TPC gusset kit. It made all the difference in the world. I also plan on getting my hands on a TPC450. I'm sure there is quite the waiting list but you can always buy the kits they offer and build one yourself. Maybe he has wronged people in the past and I feel for you. Lets not forget that a few other, much larger companies also wronged us all in the past back around 1986-1987 by giving in to the pressure and banning ATC's all together. At least we have 1 guy still building them for us. Again, just my opinion.

Dunatik
10-15-2015, 10:11 PM
I actually got a call from him today that everything was good to go and he was ready for payment so it could ship by Monday. Fingers crossed!!

atctim
10-16-2015, 09:52 AM
Let us know if you get a tracking number by Monday as promised.