PDA

View Full Version : help finding parts

possum1982
10-12-2015, 11:22 PM
I'm new to forum been reading for about year now. Anyway I been searching for good while for 250r. Finally a 86 was posted on craigslist that was perfect for me. Trike blown up top end off and bottom will not turn. So call seller, and head out I get there and its a 1983. Atc is in great shape except for engine,little disappointed but drove 3hours to get there. Brought atc home and was expecting to buy some parts. I've looked all over net I found top end kits but no luck with bottom. Would like to have went with hot rods crank and rod. Where can I find a good crank ? I've not yet split the case but it is locked up I'm sure its piece of piston that's the cause. Maybe it'll be OK . I know need cylinder bored How far should I go? Also I'm running a old school expansion chamber brand unknown, would like to put good set reeds in it too but they also hard find foe 83. Anyone have any sugesstions of were get parts (cheap as possible) and what's some good mods for my 83 ? I respect to pay in $600.range to get it going and asap I might ad. Thank you all.