PDA

View Full Version : 1984 Yamaha Shaft 200cc New Member And Owner

Fearpennywise
10-19-2015, 10:25 AM
Hey everybody what's up? One of my good friends had a 1984 Yamaha Shaft 200cc 3 wheeler sitting next to his garage. I asked him about it and got it for $100. It ran last summer and was parked next to the garage during last fall. The battery is gone and my friend said the starter was seized so they used the pullstart to get it started. The yellow plastics are covered in the fabric style camo tape. Was told plastics were sun faded. Tires are flat. Front Tire is dry rotted and cracked. Luckily the 2 back tires are in good shape with no cracks or dry rot that I could see right off the bat. The tank and plastics weren't attached... They were just sitting there. I'm new to 3 wheelers,i know how to ride, break and fix quads and dirt bikes lol and also I'm an ase certified mechanic, but 3 wheelers are new to me. Does anybody have any info for me about this 3 wheeler? Maybe some tips? Did I get a decent deal or did I get taken for a ride? Once it's running what kind of value might it have or what could it potentially sell for? Also does anybody know the exact model?

MB9800
10-19-2015, 07:48 PM
Well I know for a fact that that is a 225 not a 200.

Jd110
10-20-2015, 01:21 AM
Info? Sure. Check the wear on grips, throttle, shifter, underneath for a quick idea of mileage. Hard to tell if it was rode hard, but definitely put away wet. It was not stored properly. Overall condition seems good. $100 isn't bad either considering your not over $300 by the time you get it running. Around here you'd be LUCKY to get $300 if it ran. They ARE hard to sell here. Hopefully you bought it because you like it, want to fix it up and use it. They can be a money pit