PDA

View Full Version : CDI rebuild

KawiKLT
10-22-2015, 06:47 PM
Good evening,

I foind out that my CDI box on my 1985 awasaki KLT 250 C3 is dead, so i want to build a new one, or somehow bypass or swap it for a different one the cheapest way possible. Does anyone k ow what all the resistors are or a picture of this box already open, or any ideas on what i can do?! Really want to fix this before winter hits.

bigcal
10-23-2015, 09:10 AM
you can buy them new or used on ebay. did a google search and found a few new ones https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=kawasaki+klt+250+cdi

don't know on the Kawis, but from looking at Hondas, and your sure its the cdi I wouldn't bother trying to repair it unless you can build computer circuits from scratch.

in my opinion, just get a different cdi

Bungle
10-24-2015, 03:37 AM
I fitted a suzuki gs 125 cdi on my klt 200. It works fine and gives a good spark. It uses power from the battery 12v. Not sure if the klt 250 is the same

ps2fixer
10-29-2015, 11:56 AM
From my understanding, generally the caps go bad, or the soldering for the plug gets "cold solder joints" aka the solder broke from the pin and gives intermittent connection. Easiest is to just replace it, cheapest would be to fix it if you have any clue what I just said and have a soldering iron handy.