PDA

View Full Version : lawn tractor racing

King Trikester
10-30-2015, 02:35 PM
Is anyone here involved in this? There is a local race a few times a year in my area I just found out about. I have this Huge itch to build one and race it next spring. It looks like a blast and cheap fun. Please post pics I'm sure someone here races mowers

hoosierlogger
10-30-2015, 03:18 PM
Nothing about racing is cheap if you want to win. There will be some jack leg with more money than brains and dump $5000 into a lawn mower to win a $5 trophy. Then there will be countless others that will try to out do him. Sounds like fun though!!

King Trikester
10-30-2015, 11:23 PM
Yes it does. There is no prize just bragging rights, no real rules on mods just has to be a lawn tractor engine and if you want to dump 5 grand you can make 100hp, so yes you are probably right

83ATC185
11-04-2015, 02:14 PM
Well then in my opinion JD110 you should get off this board then cause there's a lot of those here.
To King Trikester, http://www.letsmow.com

I was reading about this the other day. Definitely looks like fun. Even had a buddy a few years back that made one by swapping the drive pulleys around. Wasn't the fastest, but for a 20 year old Sears Crapsman mower to go 40 mph is more than enough. To spend a hundred bucks and do that and upgrade the tires would definitely be some cheap entertainment. I'd do what you could on a budget and see where it gets you. I enjoy stuff like this. Dirt track racing, belt sander racing, lawnmower racing, its all in good fun.

hoosierlogger
11-04-2015, 04:34 PM
Bossier logger. He asked if anyone was involved. Not someone's opinion. Be cool or stay out. Just tired reading trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro opinions.

Post edited to avoid sinking to his level.

Jd110
11-05-2015, 09:39 AM
Sorry I offended you. I shouldn't have said that. Your right, I don't belong here. So, I'll let you guys have at it. ✌️

coolpool
11-05-2015, 01:04 PM
I've heard that those twin opposed 16HP B&S engines are great candidates for racing. It's the same motor that was in the Taurus 650.