PDA

View Full Version : Bought some yamahas!

gumbellion
11-02-2015, 01:52 PM
Noob here to the 3WW forums and excited
Last week the option came to buy a tri moto 175 that runs, and a complete tri moto 125 for $200
Both are in rough shape but i figure with the 2 bikes i should be able to get them both looking and running good by the end of the winter
Last night i tied into the 175 after taking it for a ride and cleaned the carb up on it and started a list of what i need

Glad to be part of the forum and will start a detailed thread soon with progress

gumby

gumbellion
11-02-2015, 01:58 PM
also is there like a probation period to post in trikeselvania?
I have some questions and that seems like where they would belong but no opetion to start a new thread

mendoAu
11-02-2015, 03:48 PM
also is there like a probation period to post in trikeselvania?
I have some questions and that seems like where they would belong but no opetion to start a new thread

A registration time of 2 months or more.
At least 10 total posts on the forum. If you had existing posts before this was implemented, they will count towards your total. If you are new, then you'll need a total of 10 posts in the three above mentioned area before your given access to post elsewhere.

apickering975
11-03-2015, 11:00 AM
Sounds like you got a great deal on some good trikes. Post some pictures if you can. I used to have a tri-moto myself and I think they look really cool.

gumbellion
11-03-2015, 11:22 AM
I was hoping to start a thread on progress but it will have to wait until i get a few more pics
I have the 175 pulled apart in the garage right now and cleaned the carb last night for it. Tonight i am hoping to get time to clean up the engine and make it shiny, and perhaps sand the plastics or something as they are pretty hurting on the one bike. The seat is also about 100% black duct tape
The baffle was removed from the exhaust as well so i am thinking i might just make a home made job out of some flat steel with holes drilled in it and weld it into the exhaust opening so htat its not a loud offensive straight pipe on the 175

Both the bikes came with recoils that are totally damaged to the point of being garbage, the housings are both broken so now i am on the hunt for a replacement so i dont have to bump start
Also there is a primer on the 175 that is definately something someone else added. The choke cable is completely seized so i am assuming htat the primer was added instead of replacing the choke cable.
The primer is attached to the carb boot between the carb and the reed cage, so i am thinking i better pull out that primer and plug the hole in the carb boot. The primer is attached into the fuel line so that will need fixed as well. Or i can go with the its not borken so dont fix it aspect. I havent got into the 125 yet but figure i will get one running like a top from the 2 bikes then pick away at the 125 over the winter
UNLESS.... is there anything that would make the 125 a better starting point than the 175?
The reason i am digging into the 175 first is the tires are all toast on the 125. One other thing i need to do asap is the 125 and 175 had the front ends swapped because the guy i bought them from decided instead of replacing the flat front tire on the 175 he would put the 125 front end on to the 175, which results in no suspension

I wish i could just take a day off work and spend it dedicated to this thing. I have been bitten by the bug