PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Lake Champlain

EIF
11-04-2015, 09:10 PM
Greetings from the (briefly) 6th Great Lake.

Middle-aged plant worker here, been salvaging motorcycles for years and decided to expand into 3-wheelers. There are a ton of Big Reds and other working ATCs in NNY and VT, so there's no reason not to gather the rough ones so others might live.

I frequently rode a ATC 200 (not sure of year) that a buddy owned when I was a kid, it ran rings around my CR80 and was twice as scary. I picked up a dead, mostly complete 1984 ATC125M from a hobby farm last week. Carb kit is on the way, and I will be building a seat from the remains of the pan. This one will be a runner, and pave the way for more "acquisitions". There's a trio of ATCs languishing on a homestead about 15 miles from my place. I'm going to try and pry the early ATC90 away from him, but I don't think he's ready to give up his 250R lawn ornament.

Looking forward to scouring the archives for info and recommendations as I pick up projects.

Some of you who belong to motorcycle and snowmobile forums, I am the same EIF on all of them.

Jwheeler
11-05-2015, 12:00 AM
Welcome to the site. There are alot of good people on here to help with all needs. :beer

350for350
11-05-2015, 09:52 PM
Welcome. I like your attitude about saving trikes.

kleclair
11-10-2015, 08:42 PM
I remember as a young kid going camping in Port Henry.I would stare out the Winnebego window looking for 3 wheelers.I remember there being many on peoples yards in that area and Ticonderoga.This was early to late eighties.

Legns
11-10-2015, 09:43 PM
Welcome I am originally from northern New York and remember as a kid seeing the trikes around in barns and such.

Keepah Rolln
11-11-2015, 08:48 PM
Welcome to the site