PDA

View Full Version : 200x brakes not working

Mud Crawler
11-08-2015, 04:16 PM
I got a 86 200x yesterday and it's wonderful, but the rear brakes don't work I've bled it twice and made sure the cylinder isn't seized does anyone have an idea why the cylinder isn't moving.

86125m
11-09-2015, 12:34 AM
Id just keep bleeding until it grabs it took forever for my 200x to finally bleed it took a bottle and a half before it started to work. Good luck.

TwiZ
11-09-2015, 01:02 AM
I managed to bleed mine by opening the reservoir,crack the bleeder,put a piece of tube on the bleeder,put other end in a clean cup or dry water bottle,put a lil brake fluid in the bottle just to where the end of tube is submersed,then press handle/pedal slowly then realease.Make sure reservoir dont go dry and keep doin this till ya dont see any more bubbles,then i tap on master cyl and caliper with the handle of a screwdriver to make any air rise if any is left. Once ya pump it a few times after you dont see any bubbles tighten bleeder and remove hose. If the reservoir was dry,fill it,tap on master cyl a few times,then press pedal handle back,hold it in/down and crack brake line where it attaches to master cyl,do this a binch of times,then try what i said earlier to bleed the caliper. If this doesnt work your master cyl may need rebuilt. Cant remember if the 86 is the same as my 84 but i used i goofit master cyl off of a china atv and it works great! I just had to use my reservoir with it. Ill post a link up for the m.cyl

TwiZ
11-09-2015, 01:08 AM
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Goofit+rear+brake+master+cylinder+50&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3AGoofit+rear+brake+master+cylinder +50 Only $20, works great and cheaper than a rebuild kit...like i said cant remember if 86 is alot different but mine the brake line came off on the side,but theres plenty of room for it to mount on top of this one,used my reservoir and i was in business

Mud Crawler
11-09-2015, 01:20 AM
Thanks for the info one on the screws won't come out on the master cylinder I think I'm going to order a rebuild kit for it when I get a new master cylinder. I don't think bleeding it anymore will help I've bled it 3 times and the pressure cylinder doesn't even budge.

TwiZ
11-09-2015, 01:30 AM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AXHB2LQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00. I used this for a while for rear brakes,i just tied two front brake hoses together and ran it back to caliper,ground down threads on a bolt long enuff to fit bith lines together to allow fluid to pass thru.worked pretty darn good till i could find a rear master cyl,thats when i found the goofit. If you take a 1/8" drill bit a drill in center of the screw holding lid on just enuff to take the head off you can then take off cap and with a small pair of vise grips the remaining screw comes right out,and finding a new screw aint hard. I had to do the same on mine. Oh,and the front brake master cyl even came with a rebuild kit for it. Been runnin both front n rear all spring n summer with not a single issue

TwiZ
11-09-2015, 01:34 AM
Oh the rear master cyl i had to drill mounting holes one bit bigger.it mounts with 10mm headed bolte where ours uses 12mm. These brakes lock up rear tire no problem. I sure am glad i did it,cheaper than a rebuild kit,and ya may even tear it down and the thing be past the point of rebuild...just a few options to ponder...wish ya luck