PDA

View Full Version : websites with decent priceing on parts

pinkhippo1
11-10-2015, 01:17 PM
been looking for a setting spring, have been finding them for over 20.with shiping anyone know were i can find one for a good price?

bigcal
11-10-2015, 01:31 PM
that is a pretty vague item description. setting spring? what machine, what part, what year?

pinkhippo1
11-10-2015, 01:42 PM
223624 1984 honda 200s its the three u shaped springs. just one is over 20. and i dont want to have to pay that.

bigcal
11-10-2015, 02:24 PM
dratv has them for $1.49

http://dratv.com/noname166.html

hmm... just realized it says through 83.... but is listed under 84-86.. maby call them

pinkhippo1
01-23-2016, 05:17 PM
Thank you. :) been away for a bit but still haven't got it together yet. I'm going to have to look around on that site a bit for a few more things. Thanks again for the site.. it should fit just fine if it doesn't I'm out a few bucks no biggie.

ps2fixer
01-28-2016, 10:47 AM
I suspect the ones linked above must be aftermarket?

Honda still sells the part as well, but slightly more. Might be higher quality, or it might be priced higher just because of the name on the packaging.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/honda/HP-28413-918-000.html

Looking at the interchange list, just about every Honda 3 wheeler with a recoil starter these work in... infact I don't even see anything missing except a 84 200es and I guess all the 125m's are different.

LegendaryTriker
01-31-2016, 10:39 PM
I buy all my parts from Chaparral Motorsports, Good prices and fast shipping

boy&hisdogs
02-07-2016, 07:53 PM
I always end up buying parts of ebay and amazon. Google searching doesn't really work since most parts stores have that "FIND EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR (whatever you searched) AND MORE!" crap that pops up on google but once you actually go to the site there's nothing to be found. Most places that actually have a section for my bike just have a handful of one-size-fits-all universal junk.

Ebay and Amazon have a decent search function that helps you find what you need, prices are better than most, the best selection, and shipping is usually free.

Sometimes you can get stuff from Honda, and the guy behind the counter says "Yeah, it'll fit" but it seems to never be quite right. I bought a brake lever for instance, the original one had a parking brake, the new Honda OEM one did not.

ps2fixer
02-08-2016, 02:50 PM
Based on your post, the Honda OEM brake lever was not the same part number, the guy behind the counter probably said it will fit in the respect it will fit on the machine, and function for brakes. Most people don't care about parking brakes, so that would be what I'd guess happened.

I didn't mention it before, but I also own a web store that kind of matches the description here so figured I'll post the link. All parts are either used OEM, or reproduction based on OEM. I have a ton of stuff I need to add to the site, but been focusing listing things on ebay lately. Prices generally are based on ebay history average of sold items, then discounted 10-20% to account for no ebay fees.

http://atcfixer.com