PDA

View Full Version : 1983 ATC250R won't kick over

brianb83
11-11-2015, 02:32 PM
My trike WAS running fine, I just rebuilt the carb a month or two ago and have only ridden it maybe 3 times since. However, I was recording it starting up for my craigslist ad, and right when I stopped recording, the trike died. I didn't try to start it up again, I just went in and uploaded the video. It sounded kind of starved when it started up, but that's normal before I ride it and it warms up. I took the spark plug off and I saw there was still a spark, although it was kind of weak. Could it be the ignition coil causing this? I even tried spraying quick start, and still nothing.

brianb83
11-11-2015, 06:47 PM
Well the weirdest thing just happened. I'd pulled the ATC out just now, and I was getting ready to have my dad pull me with our Ford Explorer and pop it into gear, but I decided to try to start it again. I noticed I left the fuel on reserve since I'd last tried to start it (a few days ago) and well it started right up on the first kick. It sputtered a bit like it was starving for fuel, then it ran just fine.

250RTom
11-12-2015, 06:51 PM
I take it you're selling it? I might be interested. Sent you a PM.