PDA

View Full Version : Need help starting my yamaha tri zinger 60

Vic1103
11-13-2015, 08:51 PM
Hi i have a yamaha tri zinger 60. I completely rebuilt the motor, new piston, new heads, new carb, new ignition coil/ spark plug, new petcock. It is getting spark and fuel but wont start. Any suggestions?

350for350
11-15-2015, 11:47 PM
If you're getting spark and fuel to the cylinder, the third thing you need is compression. Check it even though you just did a rebuild. If that checks out as good, I'd go back to the spark. Check everything with an ohm meter. Maybe you're getting a spark but it's weak. Even though it's new, check your coil again. I learned the hard way to check new electrical components before installation.

Vic1103
11-18-2015, 10:01 PM
Hey man, thanks for responding. I have checked everything possible on this. Compression is good, spark is good. Im not very familiar with carberators and its brand new so not sure adjustments on it. I do know the floaght on carb isnt adjustable kinda weird, but it seems to be set ok. Another thing is i dont have the string pull start assembly so ive been cranking ut with a drill. So i ont know whats going on man.

John Tice
11-19-2015, 09:15 AM
Pick up a can of starter fluid & give it a shot in the spark plug hole. If the engine doesn’t fire with this stuff, you’re not getting any spark.
If you’ve got the nerve, give the engine a spin while holding the spark plug you’ll know if you’re getting any spark.
JT

muthey
11-19-2015, 12:06 PM
if you are running one of the minky carbs change out your choke plunger learned that on mine it wanted the original plunger style with the protruding needle not a flat ended one. also there is a 3 way kill swith it goes from the top off run start make sure you are on start. I always have to start mine with full choke when its cold.

briano
11-19-2015, 01:24 PM
Are you spinning it the right way

barnett468
11-19-2015, 04:54 PM
If you don't have starting fluid but have some flammable brake cleaner. it will work nearly was well.

Bungle
11-20-2015, 03:43 PM
Are you trying to start it with the switch on run? It has to be on start to fire up the change it to run

Vic1103
11-22-2015, 12:41 AM
Hey everyone. Thanks for all your replies. I have tried the starting fluid in the spark plug hole. I have checked the spark several times. It is sparking fine. Also i did change out the choke plunger to the original one with the needle. And as far as soinning the right way im pretty sure i am. It spins clockwise right? Also it os in the start position when trying to start it. I have done all of this stuff. Ive tried everything. My guess is the carburetor settings arent right. And does anyone know how to adjust the floaght? It is completely plastic all the way to the pin.

danbur55
11-22-2015, 08:56 AM
just a thought here as mine drove me nuts had spark when plug was out and grounded to head but would not start try cutting about 1/2" off plug wire that cured mine

Vic1103
11-22-2015, 07:55 PM
Ok. Ill try that. You do mean at the boot right?

danbur55
11-23-2015, 07:33 AM
yes sir unscrew plug cap clip wire screw cap back on should have clarified that earlier sorry bout that

Vic1103
11-23-2015, 06:49 PM
Ok ill give it a shot

3 Wheel Drive
11-24-2015, 01:43 AM
There is a kill switch under the rear fender near the grab bar, it's usually connected to a rope for parents to stop the youngsters from running away. If it's missing you will not be able to start it, the stock carbs rarely need any adjusting.

Vic1103
11-25-2015, 08:14 AM
ya the killswitch is good. i made a clip for it. It wouldnt get spark without that. the carb is n the stock carb. i bought it brand new on ebay and the needle valve and choke valve cables have to be adjusted. i just dont know what they need to be adjuste to. also the floaght is not adjustable on this carb. but it is pouring fuel into the bowl