PDA

View Full Version : 1987 ? honda big red

dustrunner
11-13-2015, 09:23 PM
http://syracuse.craigslist.org/snw/5307934195.html

Aulbaugh
11-13-2015, 11:23 PM
Plastics and all look like an 85 250SX. I wonder what's going on with the muffler?

Aulbaugh
11-15-2015, 01:39 AM
That has to be rural water line on the muffler. Anyone who lives in a rural area has seen that stuff in the ditches before the county installs it.

Someone wanted a cheap echo tip, seen that blue water line, and blamo, free blue echo tip.

"was running good"

Sure was; when it was new.

"needs battery and maintenance"

...because it is no longer running good.

Nice boat trailer tail light.

As far as the Big Red thing, people who don't know squat about trikes call everything Honda and red, a Big Red. Anyone on here can check C-list right now and find at least one example of a ATC185 being called a Big Red. Anything with actual triple trees and rear suspension automatically falls under the "racing 3 wheeler" designation.

The lawn mower ignition switch would have to go though. Where in the heck did they find a fender washer for it?! They obviously don't own a drill or bits capable of going through anything more than wood, so they likely found that fender washer while walking the ditches looking for aluminum cans to sell for scrap, same place they found the garbage bag seat cover and rear fender white plastic flap.

Really, for $500 that might not be a bad deal. Maybe another $500 more would make it a really nice rider, and a grand for a nice SX rider isn't bad at all.

That was funny. I really like the "blamo" line. That is funny you say that about that fender washer because I thought the same thing when I first saw it.