PDA

View Full Version : trike not running right

honda 200m
11-19-2015, 11:31 PM
my honda 200m is running rich and I am not sure what is wrong with it. Have to use ether to start it. hesitates when at high rpm.
Backfires when I let the throttle out fast.Shoots flames when backfires. When cold smokes white.:wondering:wondering:wondering

coolpool
11-19-2015, 11:57 PM
Save yourself a pile of headaches and get a manual if you don't have one. Pull your plug and see what colour it is. I'm not convinced it's a rich condition from your description. Sounds like your carb needs a good cleaning. Start with that first.

honda 200m
11-20-2015, 09:47 AM
Save yourself a pile of headaches and get a manual if you don't have one. Pull your plug and see what colour it is. I'm not convinced it's a rich condition from your description. Sounds like your carb needs a good cleaning. Start with that first.it is

the plug is black and dry. I cleaned my carb already. replaced float valve (needle) and throttle valve needle . I have a manual .:wondering:p

coolpool
11-20-2015, 10:04 PM
The reason I believe it's not a rich condition is that your needing ether to start it which = more fuel to start? Does putting the choke on at high rpms help any? You might have a CDI starting to pack it in. Did this trike ever run good since you've had it?

honda 200m
11-20-2015, 10:31 PM
The reason I believe it's not a rich condition is that your needing ether to start it which = more fuel to start? Does putting the choke on at high rpms help any? You might have a CDI starting to pack it in. Did this trike ever run good since you've had it?
it ran perfect when I got it. we tried adjusting fuel leaner which made it have to run with the choke on. The spark is good it is not intermittent spark so it is not the ignition coil. before it wasn't running so we took it apart and the main jet was clogged so we cleaned it and now it doesn't run like it did before the main jet was clogged. although the spark plug is black and dry.

coolpool
11-21-2015, 11:55 AM
Not knowing what you have for tooling, are you using carb cleaner and lots of compressed air to clean the carb? Is the tank clean inside? Maybe the screen on the petcock is partially clogged and starving the motor at higher rpms? You've got to be getting gunk from somewhere if you're clogging jets.

honda 200m
11-21-2015, 07:35 PM
Not knowing what you have for tooling, are you using carb cleaner and lots of compressed air to clean the carb? Is the tank clean inside? Maybe the screen on the petcock is partially clogged and starving the motor at higher rpms? You've got to be getting gunk from somewhere if you're clogging jets.
I got a new spark plug for it and now it runs. I think part of part of the reason was it was cold since I don't have a heated shop to store it in. I think I blew my plug because it was running to lean and I had the choke on to keep it running. Thanks for all the help anyway.

coolpool
11-21-2015, 09:51 PM
Glad it's running better now! Post some pics up of the beast in action.