PDA

View Full Version : 200x flies upto a really high rmp

Hgibson
11-22-2015, 02:13 PM
Hi I have a 200x that when started instantly revs really high. Any suggestions? I cant see any cracks in the intake boot or o-rings. I've adjusted the idle and pilot screw.

quy90jeep
11-25-2015, 01:40 AM
Did nake sure the throttle slid is dropping all the way down. It doesn't take much effort to simply unbolt the carb and take a peak.

coolpool
11-25-2015, 11:25 AM
X2 for what guy90 said. Make sure your throttle cable moves freely and isn't being pulled by something on the frame or when turning the handlebars. Not sure if these have the adjusting nut on top of the slide cap. If it does it may have worked it's way up lengthening the throttle cable. I just learned this from a forum member actually ;-)

Jmoozy27
11-25-2015, 12:45 PM
X3 on checking the slide it could be in backward and not allowing the slide to close all of the way. I've made that mistake before.

350for350
11-25-2015, 10:25 PM
I've done that too. On a 1984 200s. My excitement came from the fact that I didn't realize that it was still in gear. I'm sure glad that I had a hold of the handlebar with my left hand. The crazy thing still spun me around in three circle before I could reach across to the kill switch. It left some nice doughnuts in the yard too. Ironic. It happened on Thanksgiving.

ATC_Bros
12-02-2015, 01:18 AM
Does the idle come back down at all after it warms up abit or is it so high you shut it down, mine on cold starts revs a bit high but comes down after a bit, AND the throttle slides only go inside the carb ONE WAY due to the idle screw i just redid my carb and it ONLY FITS one way, sure it fits backwards but DOES NOT close nowhere near properly MAYBE HALF if that, i would check the adjuster screw at the top of the carb where the slide come out if that has worked its way out due to no stop bolt then it will move up by itself from vibration and throttle use, thats why i would check first to be HONEST, just my $0.02