PDA

View Full Version : so I bought a tiger 250.

Iacovino12
11-22-2015, 04:27 PM
So I just bought a tiger 250 has has a bombardier motor in it it's missing some things parts kicker,shifter,stator,flywheel,carrier,rear axle,hubs few other things. I'm looking for parts,info on parts that interchnage anything is apprciated. the guy i got it from says someone on here makes pegs and stuff for them still? Any ideas on a gas cap and bung? Wha rear shocks can be swapped in? Thanks in advance

Joseph Farrow
11-22-2015, 08:16 PM
Welcome Awesome Good Luck!
You'll find help on here. This is all thing 3 Wheeler.

3 Wheel Drive
11-22-2015, 09:02 PM
I believe RobertC has posted info on a source for the gas cap, it's one used on a tractor or something. Use the search here on the forums, look for Tony Murphy Rotax in LA. I've called him last year & they stock most everything engine related: Pistons, aftermarket & stock Clutch parts, the Bosch ignition, shifters, prolly cylinders & rads... Etc....Call him before buying used parts from members.

The pipes are made by Jemco, they can prolly make you a new one. You may try a 1st gen Tecate rear carrier and axle, I'm almost certain the sprockets are the exact same as the 1st gen Tecates.

If you want to frankentrike it, the 1st gen Tecate swinger can be modded to match the Rotax engine. HRE is the company that has made Tiger parts in the past, look at their website--- you need to search for it I don't have that info.

Theres guys on here who can make you custom triples with inverts, either way you go it's gonna be spendy.

Good luck!

Iacovino12
11-23-2015, 03:39 PM
Here it is

Iacovino12
11-23-2015, 03:43 PM
Don't mind the cost selling most of my bikes to make it happen, thanks for the information I have a factory extended swinger tecate carrier bolts right in.

Iacovino12
11-23-2015, 11:16 PM
Got new fiberglass fenders with it. awesome, I'll definitely message him I was wondering what to do about the rear shock. I am missing kicker,shifter,carb,exshaust, rear master cylinder,brake pedal,pegs,rear caliper,I got a set of triples I made and 47mm inverts made up to run a 250r front hub and wheel

3 Wheel Drive
11-23-2015, 11:31 PM
Tony Murphy Rotax will rebuild your engine as-is or sell you all the parts you need. They do have shifters, kickers, and most everything you need for the engine.

You can have an exhaust made, many places make pipes. ;) You can have any fab shop make pegs, get a rear master cylinder off an ATK motorcycle or similar bike that uses the same brand. The good thing about using the non tiger parts is you can actually ride it and not worry about breaking rare parts.

HRE had the tiger foot pegs in the old 3ww shop, I don't see them anymore.

Iacovino12
11-30-2015, 10:57 PM
HREATV still makes the pegs ordered a set over the weekend have to email or call them.gonna contact tony murphy rotax this week thanks

jeswinehart
11-30-2015, 11:10 PM
If you need the factory looking redish orange shifter rubber pm me.
The Mrs. Has that mold.
Might just be your least expensive part you purchase for your Tiger.

Orangecnty250r
12-20-2015, 05:33 PM
Ahh.... I sold that tiger project to someone at one time

laeger_250r
01-02-2016, 12:19 PM
Awesome find, it's important to preserve these atc's