PDA

View Full Version : Loncin quad questions

kingofaces
11-27-2015, 09:37 PM
I'm slowly starting up an atv/small engines repair/performance shop here where I'm at and am wanting an off the wall build to show my capabilities. I have a loncin 50cc quad (tiny slow yada yada yada haha) that I'm wanting to redo and show everyone what I'm capable of. I didn't start with anything bigger because I figured if I can make a 50cc fun and look good and people see that. It'd make more if an effect than a banshee that anyone could build. What I'm wondering is what all can I do performance wise to this quad? It's getting the frame cleaned and painted and maybe stretched depending on how far I get into it. It's also getting new coilovers all the way around and rewired completely. I figured I would pull and mill/home port and polish the head as well as do a basic rebuild and a custom exhaust and intake setup with a minuki carb. And new sprocket on the rear axle with new bigger tires. Any other suggestions on what I could do? Would an engine swap be something to think about? 2 stroke dirt bike engine maybe? Haha like I said off the wall.

86tri-zrider
11-28-2015, 12:23 AM
While you sound very ambitous, i thought this was a 3 wheeler forum, me personally, would look somewhere else for help with that project. Wish you the best of luck showcasing your skills though.

briano
11-30-2015, 01:53 PM
Showcasing your skills on a Chinese junker is a waste of money. If you have the skill to do a killer banshee I think more people would be interested.