PDA

View Full Version : Rear Wheel Hub Rings

TinTin23
11-28-2015, 12:15 PM
Hey guys, I just got a new set of rims for my 200s (old ones were beat up) and was wondering if the hub rings are mandatory? The stock rim uses the rings on both sides of the the wheel. The new rims I have can only use the rings on the backside that presses up against the hub.

Can I just do without the rings? Would this cause any unnecessary wear or damage to the wheels or hub?

Thank you.

coolpool
11-28-2015, 12:57 PM
That's a very good question. I do rely on the old engineering being correct with most things on ATC's. Using both rings at all times seems like the right thing to do. I'd hate to see you 'egg' out your rim holes by mistake. Are your new rims aftermarket or something? Pics?

TinTin23
11-28-2015, 06:36 PM
That's a very good question. I do rely on the old engineering being correct with most things on ATC's. Using both rings at all times seems like the right thing to do. I'd hate to see you 'egg' out your rim holes by mistake. Are your new rims aftermarket or something? Pics?

Below is a pic of the new rims. They are used but in really good shape (ignore the dirt), but the offset is different than stock so they stick out about 1.5" more.

shortline10
11-28-2015, 07:15 PM
Should have just asked me that question when you were at my shop yesterday LOL .
Those are aftermarket rims so no stock steel plates needed .
Mike

Below is a pic of the new rims. They are used but in really good shape (ignore the dirt), but the offset is different than stock so they stick out about 1.5" more.

TinTin23
11-29-2015, 02:31 PM
Hey Mike! I should have but there was a lot going on. Lol

Thanks for replying. I'm sure we will be back at the shop soon. Thanks again for all of your help and knowledge.

Should have just asked me that question when you were at my shop yesterday LOL .
Those are aftermarket rims so no stock steel plates needed .
Mike