PDA

View Full Version : Should I trade???

Haggs
12-04-2015, 09:39 AM
Have a guy willing to trade me a mint, original big red 250es for my 1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4. My AC is in great shape with nothing wrong. Guess my question is should I trade? I have always likes big reds since I was young and have owned one before. Is the trade worth it (value wise)? I also ride with my kids on a 2-up seat (they are young and don't weigh much) i guess one of my big concerns is riding with them in the back of the big red. I ride responsibly and we don't hit crazy trails or anything, and in one year they'll be able to ride themselves (legally) so the red would be just for me. The AC is pretty good on the trails, comfy bit the full time 4x4 makes the steering a chore, so its not my favorite, but I don't know if going to a BR is gonna make me regret trading the AC. Thoughts? Opinions??

Buck Snort
12-04-2015, 10:05 AM
Sometimes I think the value is in what machine will bring the biggest smile too your face. Not the money value. I have over paid for trikes before and after a day or 2 the money doesn't matter to me.

Haggs
12-04-2015, 10:28 AM
I guess the value doesn't matter as much too me as it seems Big Reds keep their value and are only going up. I am more concerned with the safety aspect and having a 2-up seat on it. The atv forums say no way, don't do it, but I can't be confident in that while I respect their opinions, they aren't folks that just go by the old adage of how "unsafe" trikes are. Thats why I figured I would ask folks that I know have riden and are experienced with ATC's.