PDA

View Full Version : ATC 250R Tires??

Kyleiniowa
12-04-2015, 07:00 PM
Looking to put some new rubber on my 250R. I've heard really good things about the ITP Holeshots, does anyone have opinions? Thinking about going with the 20x11x8. Right now I have Nankang 22x12x8 on. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Kyleiniowa
12-04-2015, 07:05 PM
Should also add I have a 44t stock sprocket in the back and 11t in the front which I'll probably change back to a 12t. I think that would make my speeds about the same with 2" shorter tires.

barnett468
12-05-2015, 01:42 AM
There are several tires that will "work" for every type of riding and terrain so it would be helpful if yuo could be more specific about the type of terrain and riding you will do, ie, sand dunes, smooth short track, soft dirt or sun baked hard as asphalt dirt etc.

Also, how much do you want to spend?

Are your rims the stock width, if not, how wide are they?

Kyleiniowa
12-05-2015, 11:29 AM
Also, how much do you want to spend?

Are your rims the stock width, if not, how wide are they?

Sorry, should have been more specific. The vast majority of my riding is trails in the woods, just basic dirt riding. Usually pretty grippy sometimes it gets hard though.
Not sure on the price, I want to get a good tire, not even sure on ballpark prices to throw out though.
I have the stock split rims which I'm polishing, painting, and resealing. Not a hug fan of the split rims, but can't afford new rims too, and these work.
Thanks!

barnett468
12-05-2015, 08:01 PM
imo, the Holeshots are good but if you get softer dirt, the Razr's will dig into it a little better . . I would stick with 4 ply tires, others wouldn't . . Rocky Mountain ATV is a decent place to get them from.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/t/723/ATV-Tires-All?sz=7370&vopt=0

Kyleiniowa
12-06-2015, 01:34 AM
Thanks for your input. Will do some research on those. I'm thinking I might go with the Holeshots just because they seem similar in performance but a bit cheaper. Maybe post some pics when I'm done, definitely need some new rubber!