PDA

View Full Version : What to buy?

sean8231
01-24-2004, 04:24 PM
I've been thinking about getting a decent trail bike for a while, and cant seem to decide what to buy... I have however been leaning towards either a kawasaki klx300 or a kdx200, both seem like they fit what I'm looking for...
Does anyone here own either of these?? Or know anything about them?? I've read that both have "soft" suspensions, so with either i would be replacing springs...
Any other suggestions for a decent trail bike (one that I'll be able to find one for around 1500)???

Thanks,

Sean

86waterpumper
01-25-2004, 03:16 AM
Dude you will be MUCH happier with a kdx200 or 220 than a klx300. They have tons more power, and responda alot better to mods as well. I've had mine several years now, and they are great bikes for the woods. I think the 300 would do allright in the woods too probably especially geared right, but there is no way on the fire roads, etc it would come close to hanging with a piped kdx.

NOS_350X
01-25-2004, 03:37 PM
Dude you will be MUCH happier with a kdx200 or 220 than a klx300. They have tons more power, and responda alot better to mods as well. I've had mine several years now, and they are great bikes for the woods. I think the 300 would do allright in the woods too probably especially geared right, but there is no way on the fire roads, etc it would come close to hanging with a piped kdx.

I agree the the KDX you will be much more happy with that decision. They have alot more power.

Meat-BoX
01-28-2004, 08:34 PM
KDX 8)