PDA

View Full Version : 1st gen tecate jetting

Iacovino12
12-13-2015, 03:38 PM
I have a 1st gen tecate k and n air filter,bills pipe,dg silencer looked like it had some port work done rebuilt it l,new intake, gaskets, it compression tests good.It had a 34mm mikuni on it that was deteriorating so I swapped it out with a 35mm pwk as I figured it would be a better carb all the way around problem is I can't get it jetted I started with a 160m and 48p and it was lean so i I went to a 170m and 55p it was smoking alot and had no power.I currently have 170m and 48p,clip in the middle postion it pulls hard and wheelies now off the line but falls flat in powerband and feels like I'm hitting a wall. I'm just wondering where should go from here.do i increase the main jet size.?A 172 seems big for it but idk.

nd4speed
12-14-2015, 06:10 AM
You are probably almost there. I would have started with 168 main and 50 pilot. I ran 168 on my 250cc motors and while they ran fine it still was a bit fat. You are probably close drop to 168 and then 166, ect. But this was a 38mm PWK and PWK Stryker.

You will get all kinds of answers like Vito's would say 52 pilot and 145-160 main while other people will say they run a 170 main. You just have to buy a bunch of jets and tune it yourself. Then there are needle numbers too.

Once on a carb I had all kinds problems and bought a new needle in a last ditch effort...well the old needle was bent. Could not tell the needle was bent, but a new needle solved it. Only had that happen once with all my carbs.

And then there is the air screw turns out.....