PDA

View Full Version : 125 tri motos .help

brent 46
12-15-2015, 10:16 AM
my son and i recently picked up two of these from a local farmer .both are complete and we have currently tore them down to do rebuilds on both .our goal is to make them super reliable .we bought these two help assist us when we are up north hunting togetherl.my first question is lighting .can we switch out both bulbs for led lighting .we have found a buld that seems to be a match but is 30w.not 24.can a resister be bought ti prevent them from blowing out .or a fuse out on line to prevent blowing of bulb .next question can they pull a small trailer built with a spare set if rims and tires . cheers .we r new two these machines and need help

tborden3035
12-18-2015, 01:17 PM
you need a rectifier to run led lights. your lighting coil produces an ac current the rectifier will convert that to dc voltage.

350for350
12-18-2015, 08:55 PM
I'm sure they could pull a small trailer. If it was loaded down pretty heavy, you probably couldn't go very fast, but of course with ytm125's you're not trying to set any land speed records anyway.

brent 46
12-19-2015, 12:49 AM
cool ty .no speed records will be set .we want these machines to take us from camp to the bear stands .and small trailer is for helping move stuff in and out of camp.thanks for the info on led needing a rectifier

Kart_Racer07
01-13-2018, 03:17 PM
A rectifier from a Blaster or Banshee may work well, they use single phase 12v electrical systems just like with the tri moto 125.