PDA

View Full Version : Not exactly what I wanted for Christmas...

tripledog
12-19-2015, 08:08 AM
My Father passed away 2 days ago. The fact that he had a good long life of 86 years takes a bit of the sting out of the loss, but it is never a good time to lose a loved one. Dad was kind, considerate, handsome, and humorous (I guess this apple fell FAR from that tree). Rest in peace, Papa.

redsox
12-19-2015, 09:46 AM
I'm sorry, man. Its always tough, but especially so around the holidays. 86 is a good run. You were fortunate to have him so long. Sounds like he was a good dude. I hope you and your family can find some peace.

YTZ drew
12-19-2015, 10:33 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you and your family can get together and share memories this holiday season.

atc007
12-19-2015, 10:45 AM
So sorry pal.It doesn't matter how old or young they were,it still hurts like hell. Life is never quite the same again. Glad to hear he got 86 good years. Seems today so many suffer the last decade,and it is so cruel to watch. Enjoy the family and friends that will be gathering around. Take care of yourself.

ironchop
12-19-2015, 11:14 AM
Sorry to hear this, 3D.

Sent from my Z998 using Tapatalk

coolpool
12-19-2015, 11:24 AM
Thinking of you bud! Sounds like you have a lot of memories to fall back on from days gone by. My condolences from mine to yours, take care!
Pete

El Camexican
12-21-2015, 11:59 PM
Sorry to see this Trip Dog. Glad to hear you had him as long as you did.

tripledog
12-22-2015, 12:17 AM
Thank you ALL for your kind words. We had the entire family of 7 kids at home for the funeral today. We shared stories and memories of Dad, and we found comfort and actually enjoyed a few laughs recalling events from years gone by. Dad was not exactly mechanically inclined, and my brother quipped that his favorite tool was a hammer, and his second favorite tool was a bigger hammer (just in case the first hammer didn't work). Being with family and friends made Dad's send off a lot easier than I had anticipated. And for clarification, the reason I posted likes for all replies to this thread is that I like the fact that you guys took time out of your hectic lives to offer your condolences... it means the world to me. Thanks, guys!

onformula1
12-22-2015, 12:25 AM
I am sorry, Daniel I have stared at this post for sometime, I am simply not good at putting feelings into words.

From myself and my family we send our condolences.

tripledog
12-22-2015, 12:40 AM
Thanks, onformula1; you did just fine. For the record, I am simply not good at putting ANYTHING into words.

RIDE-RED 250r
12-22-2015, 04:30 PM
Condolences and God bless you and your family Triple D. Sorry for your loss, it's never easy... no matter the circumstances.

atc007
12-22-2015, 06:26 PM
As someone who has laid WAYY too many amazing people to rest.Laughing IS the answer.What else would they want? I lost My Grandma Feb 10 1989,Aunt the 16th and closest Uncle the 22nd. Pall bearer for 2 straight weeks. My friends say I have never been the same since,,,anyhow.. After my Uncles funeral, My Sisters and us had the snowball battle of a freaking lifetime,laughing and chasing each other all over this farm. When I thought it was done,I went to feed the cows and boom, they cornered me in the silage room. They hammered me. We laughed and cried till we were spent. It was a great day if I must admit it. Just the way Vance would have wanted it. Glad to hear you guys had a good one. I hoped you would. If you were fairly close, the next couple years will be like living a different life. The strangest things will set you off,right out of left field,with no warning whatsoever. Take care,I would say get out and split some wood,but hell, just open your window, it's warm outside!

tripledog
12-22-2015, 06:48 PM
Thanks, 007. I can't imagine the grief during your extended period of loss; I don't know if I would have the strength to endure such a situation. I suppose we don't realize how much inner strength we have until it is put to the test. We Walshes are a very close family, and we made a vow to become even closer. We are going to celebrate Christmas in July, as it is the next time my youngest brother will be here from Indiana. As far as splitting wood goes, my stove is burning now, and I am nearly out of dry, split wood. It is windy as a cuss up here, so I have my choice of sweating or freezing. I will address the firewood issue during the next few days.
Thanks for sharing your story about the snowball fight, as it made my day! I am quite confident that are many smiles ahead for my family, and I wish the same for your family, as well as the families of all this great forum's members.

Merry Christmas guys (and gals) !

DohcBikes
12-22-2015, 06:56 PM
Was very sad to read this tripledog. Lost my father 4 years ago next month. He is no doubt still and will always be around in spirit.

Thought and prayers are with you and yours, Merry Christmas to you.

tripledog
12-22-2015, 07:08 PM
Where ya been DOHC? Great to see you back, and thanks for the kind words! Merry Christmas to you as well.

Jmoozy27
12-22-2015, 07:11 PM
Thank you ALL for your kind words. We had the entire family of 7 kids at home for the funeral today. We shared stories and memories of Dad, and we found comfort and actually enjoyed a few laughs recalling events from years gone by. Dad was not exactly mechanically inclined, and my brother quipped that his favorite tool was a hammer, and his second favorite tool was a bigger hammer (just in case the first hammer didn't work). Being with family and friends made Dad's send off a lot easier than I had anticipated. And for clarification, the reason I posted likes for all replies to this thread is that I like the fact that you guys took time out of your hectic lives to offer your condolences... it means the world to me. Thanks, guys!

Glad you found a way to remember his life more than his passing. I think me and your dad have the same approach to some jobs. hammer -down. Your in my prayers 3-dog.

DohcBikes
12-22-2015, 07:11 PM
Where ya been DOHC? Great to see you back, and thanks for the kind words! Merry Christmas to you as well.Billy had me in the klink but i'm out to terrorize the streets again.

Hey, just in time to see you hit 1000 posts.

Not a coincidence, I am sure.

tripledog
12-22-2015, 07:17 PM
Billy had me in the klink but i'm out to terrorize the streets again.

Hey, just in time to see you hit 1000 posts.

Not a coincidence, I am sure.

Perhaps the time is ripe for me to buy a lottery ticket...

bkm
12-22-2015, 07:42 PM
Sorry for your loss. I lost my father Dec 12th, 2007, and his birthday is Dec 31st. It's never a good time to lose a loved one and even harder around the holidays. Keep your chin up and remember the good times.

knappyfeet
12-22-2015, 10:34 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Loosing a parent is never easy.

I do not know you but unfortunately I know your pain. If your mother is still with us please look out for her. May God comfort you and your family.

sweetip2000
12-23-2015, 12:54 AM
At least you have some family left. My younger brother recently decided he does not want me around his family.
And that's whats left of my family and hes got stage 4 liver cancer. They cut it out of him but effed him up with the chemo.
So now I have nobody but myself. Be grateful for what you have and not what you think you have lost. The soul goes on forever.
I am in 12561 zip south of you. If you ever wanna go riding give me a shout. Riding is a good way to forget about yourself for a while. Hang tough and my prayers are your way. We are all brothers of the 3rd wheel..... yeah heah

tripledog
12-23-2015, 01:18 AM
Thanks, knappyfeet and sweetip. So sorry to hear of your family situations, and I almost feel guilty by comparison. I am grateful every day for my family. I don't see my Dad's passing so much as loss as I do a blessing for having had him in my life for so long. My Mom is alive and well, as are my 4 brothers and 2 sisters, and we all get along with each other very well. I guess I have taken a lot of things for granted, but family has never been one of them. I do need to keep in touch with them a bit more, as I do with my friends. I have lived by myself (other than my dogs) for well over 30 years, and I am rather set in my ways. I live in the middle of nowhere, and I like my privacy. But I really need to become a bit more connected to the outside world... I have never seen ANY Star Wars film, only have 3 tv channels when my TV antenna is having a good day, have never been on facebook (if you saw me you would know that is not a bad thing), and I am one of about 4 people left in the world that has never owned a cell phone. Someday I will break into the 21st century, but it still may be a while. Thank you again for your words of encouragement. All of you guys in the forum are simply awesome!

atc300r
12-23-2015, 08:06 AM
Im praying for you and your family. Lost my Dad in 98 still think of him everyday. his favorite tool was a hammer also .God Bess.

atc007
12-23-2015, 09:21 AM
Thanks, knappyfeet and sweetip. So sorry to hear of your family situations, and I almost feel guilty by comparison. I am grateful every day for my family. I don't see my Dad's passing so much as loss as I do a blessing for having had him in my life for so long. My Mom is alive and well, as are my 4 brothers and 2 sisters, and we all get along with each other very well. I guess I have taken a lot of things for granted, but family has never been one of them. I do need to keep in touch with them a bit more, as I do with my friends. I have lived by myself (other than my dogs) for well over 30 years, and I am rather set in my ways. I live in the middle of nowhere, and I like my privacy. But I really need to become a bit more connected to the outside world... I have never seen ANY Star Wars film, only have 3 tv channels when my TV antenna is having a good day, have never been on facebook (if you saw me you would know that is not a bad thing), and I am one of about 4 people left in the world that has never owned a cell phone. Someday I will break into the 21st century, but it still may be a while. Thank you again for your words of encouragement. All of you guys in the forum are simply awesome!

My best friend is your twin. He broke down and bought a Jeep this summer. 1st legal,inspected vehicle he's had on the road in a decade.Zero cell, and likes it that way. Trust me, you aren't missing out on a thing. He has the life of a king. Does exactly what he wants,when he wants any second of any day.Worked his ass off to set it up this way. now enjoying it. He's lost 2 better ladies than most will ever meet,so not looking much for that anymore either.Question is, he has just under 50,000 rounds for the countless guns in his arsenal,do you have him beat lol? Merry Christmas to you also.

bkm
12-23-2015, 09:38 AM
Brother, now that is living. I'm glad I decided to get married and have children, because they are my world, but man I'd be your twin if they weren't in my life.

deathman53
12-24-2015, 11:31 PM
my father died on june 28 2010, 65 years old. Had operation to remove kidneys(to make transplant easier), died on table twice(and revived w/ DNR on file), 2 months of hospitals, nursing homes, he had enough of it and stopped dialysis, me and his financial guy were the only ones who knew. 3 days before he died he wanted just me to come and see him....talked to me about whom is stuff goes to, accounts my mom didn't know about and even a life insurance policy no one knew about. I left there crying, but knew that is what he wanted....to take care of me and my mom. 3 days later.....got a phone call from the hospital, telling me that now is probably gonna be the last time you are gonna see your father alive. Earlier that day his best friend came and saw him, his old boss too and he died not long after seeing his family for the last time. A few weeks later my mom broke her hip and my brother got really bad with drugs. I threw my brother out some weeks later(he went to a rehab in florida and he remains in the area), mom came home and a few weeks later met the woman I had a nearly 5 year relationship with(she is a good friend right now, it didn't work out). I still think about and sometimes see my fathers ghost...your dad will always be there for you. I have dreams of a (future)child of mine and my dad picking up it up and his ghost smiling and returning him/her back down.

tripledog
12-24-2015, 11:40 PM
^^^ I feel your pain. Life never ends, it simply changes. IMHO. On a more cheerful note;

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOODNIGHT!!!