PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Wisconsin

Roosteak
12-19-2015, 05:06 PM
New member here. Hello to anyone who is reading this. Long story but I traded my pop up camper for a 1986 Polaris 4 wheeler, a friend of mine bought a cabin up north in Michigan and in the pole barn were two 3 wheelers. He needed a 4 wheeler so we traded. I got a nice 1985 Honda 250SX and a 1986 Honda 125M. I am currently going thru the 250. Have new battery, oil, air filter and have cleaned the carb. Got it running last night and did a few laps around my yard. I was all smiles. Picture shows without bodywork, I was cleaning all the UP red dirt off of it. I also have a 1986 125M which is a nice machine but is missing the gas tank. I am learning that the tanks are different then earlier models so now I am searching for one. If members on this forum can help me find one I would be thankful. I am 56 years old and have ridden dirt bikes went on to sport bikes and now I find myself wanting to ride trail bikes again. Hope to get both 3 wheelers running before this summer and hit some trails with my daughter in northern Wisconsin.

Birddog85
12-19-2015, 05:37 PM
Welcome from the Chicago area!
I wouldn't wait till summer, these things are awesome in snow!

Fortyhorse
12-19-2015, 06:33 PM
Welcome, I love the 250sx!!. Aren't you supposed to ride snow machines up north? Not a good start to winter yet. Hope things turn around. Have fun restoring your machines they are a lot of fun. Bryan

Roosteak
12-19-2015, 09:21 PM
Thanks. Yes I will try to ride it as much as possible this winter. I am in southern Wisconsin so finding trails or private land is an issue. I hope to use it ice fishing too but right now all lakes around here are open.

Keepah Rolln
12-20-2015, 12:36 AM
Thanks. Yes I will try to ride it as much as possible this winter. I am in southern Wisconsin so finding trails or private land is an issue. I hope to use it ice fishing too but right now all lakes around here are open.

Welcome to the site. The sx 's are great in snow. I use mine ice fishing but still no ice here in Maine yet!! Looks like a bad year for ice fishing:(