PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Pictures of Dean Sundahl's 83 Santa Cruz 250r

Madman Racing
12-20-2015, 10:57 PM
225259I am wanting to redo my 2nd gen 250r225258 as a Replica of Dean Sundahl's Santa Cruz 250r for next year's race season. It appears to be white stripes and possibly a smaller blue stripe on the inside of white stripes. Possibly a DG sponsor thing at the time. Talked to Mickey Dunlap and he said Honda made him take them off shortly after. I'm regularly a atc purist keeping my builds "in stock colors" but I think it would be a cool tribute to one of my childhood Dirt Wheels heroes. As was all the Original team Honda riders were to me. Any better pics or information would be a big help. Thanks

Joseph Farrow
12-21-2015, 11:07 AM
I took that second pic. Unfortunately it was with a 110 camera not a 35mm so the quality isnt that good. I looked and I do have some other pics but they do not show a good side shot of the bike. I can remember Deans bike having different graphics than the other Team Honda bikes. All of the others looked stock with the exception of aluminum rad scoops.
Good Luck should be a neat build. Not a hudge fan of the second gen 250r's but a "King Dean" replica would be Awesome! :drool:

Madman Racing
12-21-2015, 01:19 PM
Hey,Thanks for the response and for sharing your pictures. I can't imagine how neat it was to be at a national trike event like that back in its early days. Me being a pre- teen on the east coast at that time, I was limited to Dirt Wheels magazine . Very special time in the trike world . Hopefully I can catch some of that in this build.