PDA

View Full Version : WEIRD Honda ATC 200 Carb question

ATC_Bros
12-30-2015, 07:17 PM
ok guys and gals on 3WW, i have a weird question to ask and i hope someone knows the answer, after putting on some new gaskets on my engine i go and put the carb back on too find for some reason gas will flow from the tank when NOT attached to the IN PORT on the carb, but when i attach the line to the carb and the fuel will flow until full(NORMAL) but here is what is weird, once i start it she will run for as long as what gas is in the bowl lasts and then revs highs and dies(no fuel), i cleaned the carb MANY TIMES, tired a different carb, a combo of the two together, and still this happens, i have cleaned the tank, removed the filter in the tank on the petcock, ran new lines and its the same over and over again, i can get it to keep flowing by shaking the bike side to side abit, i have had this issue before and the same thing i used to fix it last time WILL NOT and HAS NOT WORKED which was a cleaning and good blow job. :) and if my carb has the #95 main jet what main jet needle should be with it is it a 36N? i would like to make sure it all matches, i have abunch of good carb stuff but it was all mixed together by the previous owner, PLEASE HELP if you have any ideas OTHER THEN what i have tried THEN PLEASE let me know, THANKS

NETRA3
12-31-2015, 09:19 AM
Check the gas cap vent....or inline filter, including the one in the tank, if so equipped......darn little gremlins!

YTZ drew
01-01-2016, 10:29 AM
It sounds to me like a sticky float needle. What I do to check them before the carb goes on, is I hook up a short length of hose to the fuel inlet, and blow into it while turning the carb over. If it flows with the carb right side up, and stops when inverted, the float needle isn't sticking. I bet yours is. Try taking the bowl off and inspecting the float needle, it probably either worn on its edges and getting slightly cocked in the seat, or its gummed up with something.

atc007
01-01-2016, 04:44 PM
Your petcock sounds semi plugged. Blow that all out.

ATC_Bros
01-01-2016, 11:01 PM
it has nothing to do with the tank or the lines/filter since it flows PERFECT when NOT on the carb, the petcock has been cleaned twice and changed to a different one, same as why would it happen if i had the carb off and completely cleaned in and same as if i used another CLEAN carb, im not NEW to this and have tried EVERYTHING possible, i did go threw the carb one last time the other night and when pushing air threw it with a hose and my mouth i found the one jet right in front of the main was blocked with some crap, so i cleaned it AGAIN and blew it out with compressed air and have yet to reinstall the carb, but my question is WHY will it flow proper if i open the drain screw on the float bowl but not once its closed, its like somethings wrong and wont let it flow under low vacuum unlike when the bowl is empty which has more gravity and vacuum, i tried filling the tank full and same, im going to try it tomorrow and see what i get but IF its the same im going to buy one of them cheapo carb from evilbay i hear work good, anyone else have any ideas, me im outta them..

ATC_Bros
01-01-2016, 11:05 PM
and does ANYONE know which main needle matches the number #95 honda main jet, i have a #36n and #35m needles and would like to know since they are NOT the same. Thanks

yaegerb
01-02-2016, 12:35 AM
What year is the carb and what is the serial number on the side? I can almost guarantee its time for a carb rebuild. And if you keep getting crap in the Jets I would run an inline filter.