PDA

View Full Version : 200x help

RyanATC
01-03-2016, 02:52 AM
I picked this bike up a couple months ago and have bin cleaning it up a bit. I havent done much but would like todo a full resteration and would like to hear some tips and would like to see some other bikes others have restored. Thanks

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

x-rider
01-03-2016, 03:24 AM
Looks to be in better shape than mine. Liking the shaved fenders. That's kind of how mine was when I picked it up. Watch out those rear tires are ankle biters. Lol. I just pulled out my motor to tear down. Looks like my piston is still good. Maybe just some new rings and a honing. I just ordered some billet parts off ebay, and rcm pipe off amazon. Let you know if parts are good.

LegendaryTriker
01-08-2016, 11:13 PM
It doesn't look that bad to me, If it runs good, no smoke a Full Restoration may be a bit, Redundant.
To Me it looks like all it would need to look pretty nice is a good washing, New fenders, gas tank stickers and a nice clean original 1985 seat.
I don't know if you like Pro Vectors or not, but it sure would look nicer with some new tires. But to me, It looks fine.
I would like to see some more pictures and know how good it runs, then i could give you some Real Tips. But if you do restore it i would Not Recommend Painting The Engine,
the paint never stays on and wont look right, unless you invest Lots and Lots Of Money.
Lol. Good Luck :TrikesOwn

RyanATC
01-09-2016, 12:17 AM
It doesn't look that bad to me, If it runs good, no smoke a Full Restoration may be a bit, Redundant.
To Me it looks like all it would need to look pretty nice is a good washing, New fenders, gas tank stickers and a nice clean original 1985 seat.
I don't know if you like Pro Vectors or not, but it sure would look nicer with some new tires. But to me, It looks fine.
I would like to see some more pictures and know how good it runs, then i could give you some Real Tips. But if you do restore it i would Not Recommend Painting The Engine,
the paint never stays on and wont look right, unless you invest Lots and Lots Of Money.
Lol. Good Luck :TrikesOwn
It runs good, no smoke thats the main reason I bought it. It was beat up cracked rear fenders and front fender the rear brake caliper was held on by string and rubed against the chain wich totoled it. The chain adjustment wasn't done right which led to one tire being worn morethe guy who owned it was a very big guy. But I found a guy and got front fender, rear fender, rear brake caliper and more. and ordered front brake, grips, fork boots, gas tank stickers, and some other little things. I would like to get the same front tire as my dads 350x and find some new rear tires. I would like to paint the frame and the axle and get a new seat. Thanks for the info

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk