PDA

View Full Version : First atc ride in 20 years

Silver Bullet I
01-08-2016, 08:50 PM
So today I took my 250r out for the first time on dirt. I've owned it for 7 years or so but only rode it down the street once right after I bought it. Then it sat in the garage. Recently I went through the whole atc to get it ride ready. Last night I started it up and rode up and down my street in the rain, with a huge smile on my face. So today I took it out on a trail ride.
I'm in south San Diego so I took it up otay mountain. Otay mtn is a mountain that goes from close to sea level to 3500 ft. I normally ride dirt bikes so this was a real experience. I learned I'm not as young as I think I am and a 86 250r's suspension and brakes are nowhere close to a performance dirt bike. Once I figured that out I had a super good time and great ride. I learned a lot and can't wait to take it out again. Hopefully next time I won't be so stressed out, and don't get crazy arm pump 5 minutes into the ride!

Red Rider
01-09-2016, 04:16 AM
Welcome back! It never gets old, does it?

manbearpig
01-09-2016, 11:11 AM
Welcome to the boards. My father and i have been all over Otay Mountain starting from Otay Lakes Rd. Lots of fun

heres a vid i shot last year on Otay mountain with my go pro strapped to the grab bar on Pops' 350X.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_fvsGsosmY

Otay mtn is fun but some of those corners are sharper than they look and better keep an eye out for the Border Patrol trucks slowly creeping down the road.

Silver Bullet I
01-09-2016, 02:43 PM
Welcome to the boards. My father and i have been all over Otay Mountain starting from Otay Lakes Rd. Lots of fun

heres a vid i shot last year on Otay mountain with my go pro strapped to the grab bar on Pops' 350X.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_fvsGsosmY

Otay mtn is fun but some of those corners are sharper than they look and better keep an eye out for the Border Patrol trucks slowly creeping down the road.

I have rode that whole area a lot but always on a dirt bike. Before eastlake was built I could ride there right from my house. Now there is just a little too much pavement!