PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Mattuso
01-11-2016, 11:24 PM
Hi all,
I came across this site as im trying to touble shoot a few problems with a ATC70 that i bought for my son.
I am in Australia and look forward to contributing where i can and hopefully findning out as much as i can about this little trike of ours.
Cheers, Matt

coolpool
01-11-2016, 11:28 PM
Welcome! Have you got the problems sorted out? We have the answers;-) ATC70's are just plain awesome! Pics?

Mattuso
01-11-2016, 11:39 PM
Ok, so just checked the VIN number and tells me its a 1974 atc70.
Problem im having is when it gets up to temp it runs out of fuel. It leans out and stops..... Ive opened the bowl need and there is no fuel in the bowl when it happens.
Fuel is coming down the lines fine from both the main and reserve when i disconnect them from the carb, but having the tap on either fuel or reserve doesnt fill the bowl again. When it cools down it is fine..... bowl is full and kicks over.
Was going to strip the carby down and get a kit as im assuming it may be junk in there blocking it..?? thoughts?

Mattuso
01-11-2016, 11:40 PM
Ill take some pics and post them when i get a chance....took it away last weekend and it seemed to run ok untill the last day..

bradkeskey
01-17-2016, 02:27 AM
I had a 70 for my youngest, his first bike. Loved it!

Jmoozy27
01-17-2016, 10:38 AM
Check the cap on your tank, it could be clogged and not allowing fuel to flow freely

Mattuso
01-19-2016, 06:50 AM
Check the cap on your tank, it could be clogged and not allowing fuel to flow freely

I only just saw this post now but.,.... i had pulled the bowl off the carby and gave the lower half of the carb a clean out and re assymbled. A ftiend suggested leaving the cap of as it may have been getting a lock from not venting and it has been running fine since.....so quite possibly was that as th cap is quite old!
So thank you for the suggestion!
Matt